facebook

junior

by: Pnm

Im rushing this year, but ill be a junior. I really want to join a sorority and have a good amount of friends in sororities already. Being a junior, is that going to hurt my chances significantly?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

it may actually help bc some sororities have upperclassmen quotas

By: no
by: PNM Aug 16, 2015 10:16:18 AM

What exactly is the quota for upperclassman?

By: PNM
by: welllAug 16, 2015 6:42:59 PM

some not all sororities are required to give out a certain number of bids to sophomores and juniors each fall

By: welll
#2  by: Hi   

It might hurt. I know some chapters don't take juniors. But there are pthers that dont care. Just be yourself, and dont take it personally if you get drop from houses you had good convos with! Also, worst case you could try gphi! Good luck! :)

By: Hi
by: ?Aug 16, 2015 7:36:45 PM

Which chapters don't take juniors?

By: ?
by: PNM Aug 17, 2015 12:33:27 AM

Do top tier sororities like ZTA, KD, and ADPi not take juniors? Who exactly doesn't have a quota for juniors??

By: PNM
by: PNM upperclassmenAug 17, 2015 8:45:00 AM

Does it honestly matter? The house is going to like you or not and if they happen to like you do you think they're going to say "oh well dang we really want her but she's a junior"? No, they'll take you because they want you. Why get a picture in your head that specific sorority doesn't want you because you're a junior when you could be the person that changes their mind. I suggest you don't even ask for an answer, best of luck.

By: PNM upperclassmen
#3  by: Also....   

Get over the ridiculous tier mentality and really get to know the members. Form your own opinions.

By: Also....
#4  by: Btw   

As a member of one of the "top tier" houses you mentioned, I rushed as a sophomore and we have taken several juniors each year. Good luck!

By: Btw
#5  by: Ask your PiChi   

Panhellenic decides what the quota is for upperclassmen just as they establish quota for new member classes (freshman). Sororities can choose to use upperclass quota or not.

By: Ask your PiChi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.