facebook

fraternities

by: UK or UofL?

from seeing greek row i was disapointed and was wandering if pike has a house and if there is any plans for new houses on campus. also i am a deciding between UK and UofL and was wandering if UofL compares closely to the quality of UKs greek life

Posted By: UK or UofL?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: nickname   

Well the two greek systems are VERY different. UK is the typical frat scene. bigger parties, more people, etc. But Louisville has a close knit group in comparison. the people at UK are douchelords and just overall suck. dont get me wrong, we have phi tau so we get plenty of that at UofL, but at UK its every chapter. Pike doesnt have a house because the university sucks and wont offer enough greek housing. Neither does SAE and other big organizations.

By: nickname
by: UoflSep 22, 2014 2:30:13 PM

Ya i just dont understand how pike and SAE can be the upper tier fraternitys and not even have a house. I feel like a fraternity without a house Would be very boring

By: Uofl
by: ReplySep 22, 2014 6:08:26 PM

Houses at UofL are rather meaningless...you can't throw parties in them or drink in them really, so it doesn't matter much if you have an official greek house or not. Pike and SAE are both unquestionably two of the top fraternities at UofL and neither has a house so that goes to show how meaningless houses are. The thing that matters is off campus houses which is where fraternities throw parties.

By: Reply
#2  by: Reply   

O So pike and sae still have big houses off of campus? also i was wandering if the campus is still alot of commuters as it was and if the campus is alive during the whole week?

By: Reply
#3  by: UK   

You really can't compare the two. UK is an SEC school and Greek life is unquestionably a bigger deal at an SEC school. Each sorority and fraternity has houses on/close to campus, and Greek life is a really big deal there.

By: UK

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.