facebook

actually honest rankings

by: Late-Night Boredom

These may be really similar to some of the other posts on here, but I just wanted to reiterate that the ranking system on the other tabs s pretty inaccurate and I wanted to set a better scale for both the sororities and fraternities. I pledged with one fraternity this year, but wasn't able to initiate due to grades, so I'm familiar with the Greek life of U of L. I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible here, so I won't change the ranking of the fraternity I pledged last semester from it's current ranking (It isn't different in ANY of the below reviews.)

Fraternities
Top Tier: Pike, SAE, Sigma Chi, Phi Tau (barely)
Middle Tier: Beta, Sig Ep, TKE (again, barely)
Bottom Tier: ATO, DU, Kappa Sig, Lambda Chi, Phi Delt, Sigma Pi, Triangle

Sororities
Top Tier: Chi O, DZ, SK
Middle Tier: KD, ZTA
Bottom Tier: AOPi, Pi Phi

I didn't include any of the "Divine Nine" because they are EXTREMELY exclusive and secretive and are therefore nearly nonexistent on campus (To everyone but themselves). So I personally believe they shouldn't be ranked with the rest of Greek life.

Posted By: Late-Night Boredom
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Junior at UofL   

Tke is definitely top tier and ZTA is bottom tier and pi phi is middle. But kinda accurate.

By: Junior at UofL
by: TruthApr 27, 2014 12:56:19 PM

Haven't heard a girl even mention TKE since last year. They have dropped and become irrelevant. They were a little better last year, but are middle tier now. Thats just the truth, sorry if you cant accept it

By: Truth
by: LolMar 5, 2015 10:42:02 AM

TKE is bottom tier don't kid yourself. The only thing keeping them up is the fact that they have a suite.

By: Lol
by: unbiasedMar 18, 2015 11:34:18 PM

i have friends in TKE, none of them are from trailer parks... quite a few are very wealthy and they all seem to be pretty normal to me. Then again i haven't met every single one but iv met almost all.

By: unbiased
by: LolJun 12, 2015 10:47:14 AM

Pi Phi is not middle...

#2  by: fra   

KD is more of a top tier then DZ hands down.

By: fra
by: TruthApr 27, 2014 12:59:07 PM

Ignore the person below.

I think its kinda hard to dstinguish between Chi O, SK, DZ, and KD. Honestly, i think the sorority rankings are more like this...
top-XO, DZ, SK, KD
Middle- ZTA, Pi Phi
bottom- aopi, phi sig rho

Everyone has preferences, and each excels at different things. Chi O has always been top. SK is probably the most socially preferred. DZ has plenty of cool girls, and so does KD. There are rough parts to each, but they all have good qualities. I think most girls are happy to end up in any one of those 4.

by: TruthApr 27, 2014 12:59:17 PM

Ignore the person below.

I think its kinda hard to dstinguish between Chi O, SK, DZ, and KD. Honestly, i think the sorority rankings are more like this...
top-XO, DZ, SK, KD
Middle- ZTA, Pi Phi
bottom- aopi, phi sig rho

Everyone has preferences, and each excels at different things. Chi O has always been top. SK is probably the most socially preferred. DZ has plenty of cool girls, and so does KD. There are rough parts to each, but they all have good qualities. I think most girls are happy to end up in any one of those 4.

by: LolJun 12, 2015 10:47:30 AM

Pi Phi is not middle...

#3  by: The Voice   

NPHC shouldn't be ranked, because these rankings are done by social status, which doesn't represent NPHC organizations. NPHC is more on the side that the Fraternity or Sorority chooses instead of recruits like those listed above. Knowing all of your members on campus and building a real brother/sisterhood is greater than partying with strangers who happen to have the same letters on there shirt.

By: The Voice
#4  by: Not even close   

Seriously, XO is not middle tier and will never be. ZTA is top tier in their dreams. They don't show up to anything and when they do they are sloppy drunk. SK and DZ are still on top as well. At recruitment no one prefs ZTA over XO, SK or DZ. That's the sign of what tier you're in too. Girls only pref ZTA over AOII and Pi Phi, maybe KD.

Top Tier: XO, SK, DZ, KD
Bottom Tier: ZTA, AOII, Pi Phi, Theta

By: Not even close
by: .Jan 13, 2015 9:53:31 PM

This isn't true because if it was I wouldn't have prefed ZTA and AOII over sk. Ya know a real sisterhood when ya see it.

By: .
#5  by: mayne32   

To whomever Not even close is. That comment was completely ignorant. BOTH of my suitemates preffed ZTA. One preffed ZTA and SK, while one preffed ZETA AND DZ. One chose ZTA and one chose SK. My friend dropped SK within a week of joining. So your comment is completely false.

By: mayne32
#6  by: bwaahhhahaha   

The post above yours can't be completely ignorant, you said in your OWN post that your suitemate preffed SK over ZTA, which is what the poster you called ignorant said. So the post is just half ignorant? You sound so offended over a message board, must be a ZTA. Dead giveaway.

By: bwaahhhahaha
#7  by: Rando   

Judging off what I've seen this year, Id move phi tau into middle tier solely because all of the shut they have started. I'd move lambda chi into middle tier due to them seeming pretty active this year and growing, maybe rushed too many guys this year, but getting better. And I'd move phi delt into middle tier because all their creepy old guys have gone alumni and their new pledge class are nice fellas and they have thrown some big parties. I agree with the rest.

By: Rando
#8  by: so done   

This is the dumbest thread I have ever read. Can I please have the last 5 minutes of my life back? No one cares. Do your own thing.

By: so done
#9  by: lol   

Pure garbage. Don't believe this.

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.