facebook

Grades Vs. Potential

by: newbie

Hi, I’m going to LA Tech and obviously am going through the rush process. I haven’t registered entirely because I am quite worried about my grades and if I would be cut because I don’t meet most gpa requirements of the houses. Honestly my GPA doesn’t reflect my work ethic at all and is low because of my first two years of high school, my grades the last two years were actually pretty good. However, my resume and involvement in high school and volunteer work is excellent. What would people that are already in Greek life/ gone through rush suggest I do? Would the houses check my transcript and take my improvement into consideration?

Posted By: newbie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Good Luck!   

I would mention something in your resume or have one of your rec letters point out the improvement and if you’re comfortable maybe disclosing why your grades were low at the beginning! Grades are a big factor for many sororities, so explaining it or making a big effort to point out improvement (“take a look at my transcript”) and how you plan to keep that up could take you far. Hope that helped

By: Good Luck!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.