facebook

please read this before you "research"

by: To all rushing fall 2017

To all students thinking about rushing Fall 2017,
Please don't use Greek Rank to make your decision. Nothing about it is reliable. Organizations write about themselves to make themselves look better, and mean comments are written by other organizations who are trying to make their rank higher by making everyone else's lower. Trust the recruitment process. It'll be worth it, and you'll find who you truly connect with that way. It's not worth it to be in the "popular sorority" or the "hot fraternity" if they aren't people who you're truly going to connect with.
Have fun, and good luck finding your home! :)

Posted By: To all rushing fall 2017
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PastFallRushee   

I didn't join a service organization as my experience ruined Greek life for me. I admire the good works of the service club members whom I find to be more open and dedicated to their philanthropy and reputations. These girls need to remember people are always watching and constant "partying",turning on your own members and others is a poor example for those looking for a positive Greek life experience. Perhaps it's something with this campus as I visited friends in the same sorority at another school in the Lehigh Valley and they were very into their grades (3.6 GPA!) ,dressed well,seemed to care more about how they spent their time and the impression they gave to others. If you're looking for the typical sorority experience you might want to wait for Spring or next Fall rush after you've seen these girls out a few Thirsty Thursdays. If they raised the GPA requirement higher than the last time this particular sorority might attract a different pnm and create standards similar to the nationals.

By: PastFallRushee
by: PastFallRusheeAug 16, 2017 5:58:13 PM

I wanted to add that YMMV - this was my experience, my opinion and others may find a much different environment rushing this year. I sincerely hope so! Good luck to all.

By: PastFallRushee
by: SCOSAug 21, 2017 9:36:28 PM

While some greek women party, that is a bit of a harsh judgement. There are many women in social greek like who choose not to drink and party, unfortunatly collegiate women in general (not linited to greek life) choose to spend much of their time walking down main street during the week instead of walking to the library.

Don't let assumptions stop you from going out for greek life! Going to formal recruitment is not binding, but the potential to find something lifelong is definitely there!

By: SCOS

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.