facebook

how hard is it to get a sorority bid?

by: pnm

Is it likely you won't get a bid after going through rush? Are some chapters more likely to cut than others?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: LOL truth sleuth   

Zeta-Difficult: probably should be your main focus of the week if you want a bid, you should walk the walk and talk the talk
EDM-Moderate: come to their events, be girly and don't be a jerk and you'll probably get a bid
Theta-Moderate/Difficult: you should really show vested interest in order to get a bid
AST- Moderate/Difficult: show them you could fit with them and don't be a jerk and you'll probably get a bid

By: LOL truth sleuth
by: Other thoughtsJan 7, 2018 9:55:58 AM

I would argue that AST might be the easiest to get into since, due to being national, they have to make quota and recruit year round. If you don’t make it into the other three, you can rush AST in the fall or save the process altogether for then. That being said, all organizations are in a position to make cuts and Zeta is notorious for having the most stringent process. I don’t mean this to be discouraging, but it takes more than “don’t be a jerk”; show vested interest in the organizations you like. Do your homework (other than this site), see what the sisters are involved in and what meshes with you. Pick one or two sororities after the “meet and greet” rounds to pursue more seriously (nobody gets their bid returned if they put in a bid for all the sororities).

By: Other thoughts
by: U wrong lolJul 12, 2018 1:47:26 PM

Theta is for sure the most difficult they get so many rushes

By: U wrong lol
#2  by: Gal on the inside   

AST doesn't have to recruit to a campus total, that's not how national sororities work. At least at Kenyon, because they're the only national organization they play by the same rules as the local groups. If there was a second national sorority they would have to reach an agreement on how many new members they're allowed to recruit, but since that's not the case, they're on their own. Additionally, don't just assume you'll get in. I've had a number of friends who didn't receive bids from AST and instead joined EDM.

By: Gal on the inside
#3  by: Calm Down   

I don't think anybody is trying to negatively pit sororities against each other; getting into one organization and not the other suggests very little about either of them, it happens all the time.

Things may have changed, but AST's initial process was to extend bids to girls who didn't get into the other organizations and Delta Gamma was dropped at Kenyon in '98 or so because they couldn't keep their numbers up to national standards. Look up "quota; it is, in fact, a standard schools with national orgs use for member recruitment. I'm sure things settled now that they've gotten more established, but this is not suggestive of them as a group of people, but the reality of being national- keeping numbers up.

By: Calm Down

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.