facebook

greek life at kean

by: LILY-PHI

Greek life at Kean University is a joke. This is not even a real Greek System, which is very sad because it has the potential to become a good Greek System. The only way I see it becoming a strong Greek Systems is to get rid of the local greeks and bring the NIC Fraternities and NPC Sororities to the campus. The interfraternity Council (IFC) needs to be established under the guidance of the North American Interfratenity Conference and add at least 3 more NPC orgs. to estalish the Collegiate Panhellenic Council. Then this Greek System will be in the right direction. Until then...It basically SUCKS.

Posted By: LILY-PHI
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Zips   

I heard Kappa Sig was trying to get on and Alpha Sig will be expanding there in about a year but i agree as a former local greek from Kean who transferred LOCAL SUCKS!! with how closely tight the entire campus is it could be a fun time being greek with more diversity.

By: Zips
by: LILY-PHIFeb 2, 2013 8:52:20 PM

It will be great if Alpha Sigma Phi colonizies at Kean. There is only 1 NIC fraternity, TKE on campus. Hopefully, TKE and Alpha Sig can form the IFC and start the expansion process for other NIC fraternities to come to Kean. As for the local fraternities, I would think they would seek a merger with any NIC fraternity interested in Kean, however, these local fraternities have been on campus way too long and well established. If it has not happen before, It will never happen now. As for the sororities, D phi E and Theta Phi seem to do great on campus, however, I would think at least 2 or 3 more NPC sororities would look at Kean as well. NPC Sororities would have a better chance of merging with one or more local sororities on campus.

By: LILY-PHI
#2  by: ALPHA GIRL   

I heard rumors that the following Inter/National Greeks were looking at Kean for a possible expansion site in the future....

Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority
Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority
Alpha Chi Rho Fraternity
Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity
Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity

By: ALPHA GIRL
#3  by: OldKappaSig   

The Kappa Sig at Kean failed when the colony president ran away with all the chapters money. Anyone walking around in Kappa Sig letters is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously on the campus.

By: OldKappaSig
by: SHOCKEDSep 11, 2013 12:44:23 AM

KSig is nothing more than a money hungry National Fraternity. They lost all sense of brotherhood and just want #'s. They were considered one of the worst fraternity in the nation before they broke their ties with the NIC. I would not waste my time with them. I hope that someday KEAN will open up to more NIC fraternities. I can see AXP, Sig EP, ZBT and Alpha Sig doing well at Kean. These are some of the BETTER Inter/National Fraternities.

By: SHOCKED
by: noMay 20, 2014 10:41:38 AM

the only international fraternity that you listed that competes with Kappa Sig is Sig Ep. ZBT is the lesser version of AEPi and AXP has no inter/national reputation or networking possibilities.

By: no
#4  by: Phi Sig   

ZBT and AEPi, both range from 100 to 150 chapters are International fraternities with Alumni connections and networking in US, Canada, United Kingdom and Isreal. AXP is only a National fraternity with less than 50 chapters. They are mostly known in the Northeast & East Coast and have NO Southern, Mid-West and West Coast presence.

By: Phi Sig
#5  by: Growth   

I think Phi Mu would be a great addition.

By: Growth
#6  by: Hum.....   

I got a good look at the Greek System here at Kean and I have to be honest.....This has to be one of the WORST Greek Life I have ever seen. Strickly bottom of the barrel.

By: Hum.....
#7  by: Chris   

this is so wierd

By: Chris
#8  by: Will   

DPhiE is the worst. Stay away! go TKE

By: Will
by: KeanFeb 5, 2017 2:47:32 PM

Well someone's bitter about something, and second why would anyone want to go TKE at kean I've had my share of TKE parties and the whole fraternity went down hill just saying, if I was to go TKE I would deff not do it at kean, a bunch of scum bags

By: Kean
#9  by: John   

Gotta agree with my dude above here ^^^^^, TKE is always lit when i go there. Don't know about dphie though, just heard they got mad drama all the time or something. Would prob stay away!!

By: John
#10  by: Will D   

Hell yea man, mad drama!

By: Will D

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.