facebook

kappa, theta, or kd

by: spider

I am looking to rush next year and have heard a lot of mixed things about diff sororities. which of these sororities has the worst rep and which has the best? does one have more fun or nicer girls than the others? I've heard Kappa and Theta are "top tier" but ive also heard KD is on the rise

Posted By: spider
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: geed   

i’m a gdi so i’m really unbiased when it comes to sororitys. i honestly think you just need to feel it out for yourself when you get here and during formal recruitment. we have 6 great chapters here, can’t go wrong in my opinion.
as far as “reps” go (obviously this is generalizing):
theta: top on campus, super pretty, not a ton of substance, bad sisterhood but some are nice, pretty involved
kappa: top tier, party hard 24/7, definitely the “crazy” sorority, pretty, sae groupies, not the greatest rep, some are chill
kd: lower top/upper mid, hard to define bc they are newer, party a lot but at diff places, 2 new pc’s are pretty, older ones are a mixed bag, good involvement, great sisterhood, on the rise
tri delt: middle tier, some go out but don’t go hard at all, known for being super nice but usually fake, great involvement, sisterhood seems superficial, older pcs are pretty, on the decline
pi phi: lower mid, super genuine and involved, about half party and not hard, great involvement, some interesting/weird people, average looking, great sisterhood, on the rise
dg: bottom, all of them are super sweet and extremely involved/studious, very few party and most frown upon others for doing so, great sisterhood

By: geed
#2  by: fkfo   

If we are being real here sororitys are literally just t shirt clubs and group chats so it does not really matter when it comes down to it

By: fkfo
#3  by: Guest   

You really do have to get on campus and feel out the vibes yourself. The fall rush is helpful cause it gives you a chance to be on campus for a bit and understand who goes where and that type of thing. That being said, the sororities don’t totally fit into their respective sterotypes from greekrank and sometimes you don’t figure that out until actual rush week when people you think for sure would rush one specific sorority don’t. So honestly, you can keep those three in mind and try to meet people in them in the fall but don’t go into rush week thinking you have it all figured out where you’re going to rush. There’s a good chance that would only lead to more disappointment than it’s worth.

By: Guest
#4  by: Spider   

Kd doing better than past years but will never be top tier

By: Spider
#5  by: Lol   

Who cares?? There are literally six sororities. Placing them into tiers with one sorority per tier is ridiculous. Sororities at Richmond are just a waste of $1600 a year. You can have a great social life and party as much as you want without being a sorority. Or you can pay $800a semester to have little brunches and scream your sorority name at parties with all your sisters. You don’t live in houses, you can’t throw parties, and you aren’t even allowed to drink alcohol in your cottages. If you think the brand (bc that’s all sororities at UR are) is worth $800 a semester than go ahead and join. Before you do, ask yourself, would I pay $1600 a year to be allowed to wear a Nike/adidas shirt once a week? If your answer is no, then don’t waste your money. You’ll have plenty of fun without joining a sorority.

By: Lol
by: DeegJul 2, 2019 3:41:56 PM

Looks like someone got dropped by every sorority besides DG

By: Deeg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.