facebook

spring rush advice

by: Freshman

I am looking to rush Theta Chi and KA this spring. I didn’t decide this until midway through the semester. I haven’t attended many rush events, stopped being invited to rush events and don’t know the rush chairs very well. However, I know a lot of people in the frats and am friends with people rushing the frats. I am a social person and feel I can contribute to these frats. What should I do. What are my chances of getting a bid

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Disorder   

Here is some legitimate advice: There is good news. You still have a shot at getting a bid. The first couple days of rush week are open to everyone. Pick one fraternity you want to target and go to their event both nights. If you do one fraternity one night and a different one the other most likely you want get invited to the invite only portion of rush week by either. If you follow the below advice you have at least 50% chance of getting a bid.

- You must go out of your way to be social and have your presence felt but dont be a try hard
-Show you know how to have a good time
-Dont get out of control drunk but have a good time
- Dont be something your not and dont be fake
- Try to get past surface level conversations with a couple of the brothers
-Dont act nervous
-Make people laugh
-Have fun and enjoy the moment. Rush week is legitimately one of the best times of the year
-Keep in mind one brother vouching for you can take you pretty far at the same time one brother not liking you can stop you real fast

Worst comes to worst your friends get in this year and they bid you next year but as a freshmen second semester is a lot different than the first

By: Disorder
#2  by: Sony   

Not trying to throw any shade but if you’re looking to rush and you haven’t made any special connections, maybe target KA. Theta Chi is very selective and already have a good idea of their rush class by Thanksgiving. Just some food for thought. Also I personally prefer KA as a fraternity, less clout as OX but definitely a better brotherhood and less of a tshirt club. But that’s just me.

By: Sony
#3  by: Rush   

First person had really good advice, I know guys in both who didn’t think they’d end up there/weren’t intent on rushing until after Christmas socials, so you’re still alright. Just make an effort and try and really connect with a couple brothers

By: Rush
#4  by: brother   

Text some of the brothers in either of them and ask them why they think. They’ll probably be honest on if they’ll go to bat for you or not.

Definitely take the first responder’s advice, it’s all really good.

By: brother
#5  by: Senior Theta    

KA's may look like a bunch of cucks, but they're really a group of able-bodied hunks who are well on the way to becoming hot-blooded beefcakes. Top frat on campus!

By: Senior Theta
by: Senior Pi PhiJan 15, 2019 11:09:19 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By: Senior Pi Phi
#6  by: Hot stuff   

^This is just a pitiful statement. You guys are a Bunch of insecure asswipes

By: Hot stuff

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.