facebook

How to Know a Sorority is for You

by: greeklyfe

These are bullet points taken from an article on hercampus.com. on how to know a Sorority is right for you. You can look up the whole article on line. They go into more detail on each of these points. Totally worth reading for anyone going thru Recruitment this year or any other year. Here they are:
How to Know When a Sorority House Is Right for You
You feel comfortable. ...
The women are your role models. ...
The sisters remind you of your friends from home. ...
You can visualize yourself in the house. ...
You have the best conversations with them. ...
You're not doing it because of prestige. ...
The sorority fits your personality and values. ...
It's not based solely on rush week activities.

Posted By: greeklyfe
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 2020    

Oops. These points are part of the article too:

9. The sisters treat each other with respect

10. You've considered the price

11. You don’t talk to your friends about their decision\n\n\n\n\n

By: 2020
by: Love this! Aug 12, 2020 6:39:49 PM

"Don't worry about the letters on the outside, find your place on the inside."

By: Love this!
#2  by: cat    

copied and pasted

“My best advice for anyone going through recruitment is to follow your instincts and tune out negativity from other girls. Do what's best for you!” Darcy says.

By: cat
#3  by: addition    

That number #9 point about seeing if sisters are treated with respect by other sisters is super important.

Sisters should respect one another, look out for each other, and basic of all, like one another. That is what sisterhood should be all about.

By: addition
by: my take Jul 28, 2020 4:46:05 PM

I’d say the most important factor to take into consideration when assessing houses is sisterhood — whether or not someone gets that sisterhood vibe when talking to houses or no would be the number one thing PM’s should be evaluating I think.

By: my take
#4  by: dont forget    

Also think about how you want to develop in college!

If you're worried about keeping up grades, ask if the chapter has a mentorship program for women in similar majors or if they conduct study hours. If you're passionate about community service, ask how the chapter is engaged in the community. If you want to be involved on campus, ask women in the chapter what people are involved in outside of greek life.

Greek life is an incredible way to find people that will turn you into the best version of yourself, if you know what your priorities are! :) EMAW

By: dont forget
#5  by: Remember   

Your recruitment experience does NOT define you. What does define you is the way you choose to relate to and treat others. Remember that.

By: Remember
#6  by: No one wants mongoloids!   

No one wants these people. The mongoloid uglies are WW2 creeping on everyone again:
- Chinese
- George Floyd
- Jeffrey Epstein

By: No one wants mongoloids!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.