facebook

what is greek life like at kstate, will i fit in?

by: WestCoaster

Well to start out, I am a girl from Washington State, and will be graduating with probably a 2.8 (is that high enough for formal recruitment?). I have never been to kansas, but I got accepted so i am considering it as a possibility. My question is, is greek life the same as it is on the west coast? Do the sorority girls party, and have a good time every weekend, or is it all goody and religious? I am not religious at all also. I feel like that may not serve me well in the bible belt...

Posted By: WestCoaster
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ummm   

I really don't think your GPA is high enough for formal recruitment. It is more than likely that you would face heavy cuts, because even if the campus GPA minimum is below yours, chapters can set their own specific GPA, and also typically look at more competitive girls, who are involved and have the GPA. Not to mention, joining a sorority, while it is a wonderful experience, it is also a major time commitment. If you're graduating with a 2.8, which is pretty abysmal, do you really think you'll be able to keep up with your studies in college? My advice is to wait and get your grades up, A LOT, and get involved on campus, really shine, and THEN rush.

By: ummm
#2  by: ksusorority   

While I absolutely encourage you to come to K-State and no, our girls love to go out and party as much as any school, your GPA will probably be a serious problem for most houses. The minimum KSU allows girls to even rush with is a 2.75 and most houses are looking for girls who can improve their GPA. Sororities are a lot of time so I'd say wait it out a year, work on those grades and rush as a sophomore.

By: ksusorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.