facebook

grade cuts?

by: Hey

which sororities cut make cuts based off GPA? I'm rushing this fall as a sophomore and feel like I have everything going for me except a strong GPA so I'm a little concerned

Posted By: Hey
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GPA   

All of them.

By: GPA
by: opAug 24, 2015 3:47:02 PM

so without a good gpa I get automatically cut from everything? I thought most take grade risks

By: op
#2  by: H   

Most will cut at a certain GPA but if it's pushing it and you really connected with a house they may give you a shot! It I had a friend last year who got cut from everything but phi mu and tri sig because of her grades soooooo

By: H
#3  by: BG   

I know the greek life office has a minimum of 2.5 to even sign up for recruitment. but i know you can petition if your grades are close

By: BG
#4  by: of course   

Academic support and graduation rates are the top priorities of most sororities nationwide. They ALL make grade cuts and usually do so early on in recruitment. Chapters might adore you, but bad grades are a RISK, because one GPA could severely hurt the overall academic success of a chapter. The better your GPA the better your chances at getting in somewhere. But I'd say if you have at least a 2.75 you might stand a chance at most. Here are the grade reports pulled from the panhelleinc website. So as college women, that's their average. They use high school GPAs as a way to determine if you'll hit their academic standards.

Spring 2015 Academic Rankings

1. Delta Zeta (3.31)
2. Alpha Phi (3.24)
3. Chi Omega (3.23)
4. Phi Mu (3.19)
5. Alpha Xi Delta (3.17)
6. Delta Gamma (3.11)
7. Sigma Sigma Sigma (2.92)

All-Sorority Average- 3.17
All-Campus Women Average- 3.13
All-Campus Student Average- 3.02

Fall 2014 Academic Rankings

1. Delta Zeta (3.27)
2. Phi Mu (3.22)
3. Alpha Xi Delta (3.19)
3. Delta Gamma (3.19)
3. Chi Omega (3.19)
4. Alpha Phi (3.16)
5. Sigma Sigma Sigma (2.96)

All-Sorority Average- 3.13
All-Campus Women Average- 3.09
All-Campus Student Average- 2.99

By: of course
by: as a sophomoreSep 4, 2015 10:18:29 PM

I'd say you should have around their average if you have a college GPA. At the very least I'd be be above the all-campus women average! If you can at least prove that your smarter then the average student (3.02) you'll be fine. All sororities are above a 3.0 (except one) and will want women who also care that much about GPAs. I'd say your best chance would be Tri Sig if your GPA is low because they aren't as selective as seen by the numbers! BUT I'm sure they're trying to improve and unless you're a rockstar you might not be worth the grade risk.

By: as a sophomore
#5  by: hi   

Some sororities automatically put you on probation from attending social function and/or require you to go to a certain number of study hours if your GPA is low (lower than 3.0 for most). So just be aware that if your GPA is lower than that, even if you still get a bid, you might not have as good of an experience until you get your grades up.

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.