facebook

want to be in a fraternity

by: concerned

So who wants to answer me honestly? I want to join a fraternity in Kent nor than anything but I just saw comments on Sig Taus ratings about hazing. Im NOT cool with that, give me work to do as a pledge but im not interested in you if you will physically or mentally assault me and dont we why any on thinks that's acceptable. who should I go for and who should I stay away from?

Would appreciate HONEST answers if you know something please speak up!

Posted By: concerned
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Mehhh   

The most honest answer is that no hazing chapter is going to be honest with you when you rush, so you won't really know. That said layci sounds about right in that Kappa Sig doesn't haze, they also have basically no standards for bids so while you won't be hazed you may find the lack of standards disappointing too. I've never even heard of Kappa Sig throwing a successful party so who knows.

On the other hand she seems about right about the other three as well although I don't think Sig Nu hazes, they didn't use to at least. PIKE was partially founded by guys who quit Phi Delt over hazing (and got Phi Delt in trouble for it so they can't haze anymore) and now haze their pledges which is quite ironic. There are a dozen other fraternities not mentioned here though, some haze, some don't, and there are different degrees of hazing too.

At the end of the day don't get surprised if you are hazed, if you refuse it and are dismissed from the pledge process take it like a man. If you refuse it and they excuse you from the task it was probably a test in the first place to see what kind of person you were. But this attitude that anything that makes you uncomfortable is hazing won't serve you well. Leaders aren't made by being coddled. There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone.

By: Mehhh
by: NonGreekJul 11, 2014 2:58:22 AM

Good leaders arent made from torturing others. Thats ass backwards logic. They are made by showin them how to be a gentleman and someone that takes action for the greater good. Not by hazing aka torturing people. Greek Life is in decline because of hazing. Colleges have banned greek life and Kent will be there eventually if this keeps going on.

I say good that 2 fraternities have been kicked off in under a year. Maybe the others will wake up. Or maybe the others pledges will realise the real man is the one who does what's right and stops this crap.

By: NonGreek
#2  by: KENT   

kappa sigma, phi delta theta, delta tau delta may interest you

By: KENT
#3  by: Help   

Ok let me attempt to kind of help. I am a Greek however I am from a different college and I am transferring and I was on this site to see how my sorority here was kinda of getting a feel. And this caught my eye while i cannot give you a yes or no answer which I don't think anyone can. Remember this national sororities/fraternities have a lot more rules against hazing.that doesn't mean they don't do it. But I have noticed at my college anyways that the local Greeks haze. (This is just by my observation) because nationals are held to a high standard and are given guidelines about how hazing is perceived and what hazing is. Because it doesn't have to be physical it can be emotional as well. Maybe that can help you but in my opinion as well if you are that worried wait a year you will be able to step back after rush and see how people really act and are perceived.

By: Help

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.