facebook

sigma phi epsilon

by: One Who Knows

The Alabama Theta Chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon has become the first fraternity on campus to adopt a modified recruitment policy. Beginning in the fall of 2015 Sig Ep will be a "Balanced Man" chapter. There will be no pledge period. All young men who are invited or given a bid will be initiated as Sigma class brothers. Pledging was not a part of any traditional fraternity until the middle of the 20th century and Sig Ep is returning to our founding principles. Some unscrupulous individuals will probably reply that it is due to hazing, assault, etc.. There was hazing but it paled in comparison to most of the other chapters on campus. However, we cannot judge ourselves according to the standards of others but must uphold our own standards of Virtue, Diligence, and Brotherly Love.

Posted By: One Who Knows
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Randy Vice   

One last Awesome bit of information from Leadership:
On behalf of SigEp and JSU, I want to thank you and the rest of the chapter leadership for your dedication to improving the AL Theta chapter. The chapter's progress is impressive, and we are all grateful for your leadership through the process.

After reviewing your Action Plan Evaluation (attached) and your Risk Management Plan (attached), Sigma Phi Epsilon and Jacksonville State University administration have decided that:

We accept your Action Plan Evaluation and Risk Management plan
We approve the chapter's ability to host social functions at the chapter home as long as all functions align with the Risk Management plan
We approve the chapter's ability to recruit new members into the fraternity. We urge you to consider the academic, character and leadership qualities when assessing potential new members

By: Randy Vice
by: LolMay 8, 2015 12:34:52 PM

Just explain to potential new members that yall hit pledges in the head with baseball bats

By: Lol
#2  by: Randy Vice   

Brilliant post LOL... Again only a coward post under a nickname...

#3  by: Be True   

Good job Randy, thanks for telling the truth. We have been dealing with this all year. Next year will be great.

By: Be True
#4  by: What a joke   

Congratulations "Mr. Vice" on your reply and trying to defend these clowns. I'm so glad you can come on websites like this one and defend your horrible organization that you "advise".

By: What a joke
by: Randy ViceMay 13, 2015 6:29:19 AM

I am not defending anyone, only stating the truth which needs to be stated. There were bad apples in our chapter and they have been eliminated. The current leadership is outstanding and will lead the chapter through this as well. As a brother, it is my job to come to the aid of my chapter. If they were guilty of many of the allegations that were accused on here then I would be the first to demand they be closed. I have spent hours working with these young men I know most of their strengths and their flaws. Unlike most people on this forum, I post my name. Basically, anyone not willing to do so cannot be trusted. Proverbs 27:2 -- Boast about tomorrow because you don't know what a day brings.

#5  by: Well?   

How'd that Balanced Man Program work out for y'all? Looks like it ran your chapter into the ground and all those fools you pledged-in lost your charter.

By: Well?
#6  by: w   

OP: "Pledging was not a part of any traditional fraternity until the middle of the 20th century and Sig Ep is returning to our founding principles."

That's just not true. Hell, the "founders" designed a pledge pin. Its history is on nationals' website and in their journal.

By: w
#7  by: W. Tornado   

Randy, don't pay any attention to the above non-enlightened cowards who are ignorant to what a real fraternity is and what it was originally intended for colleges. They are designed for the betterment of character as well as the intellect. Thank you for speaking the truth and not side-stepping the stereotype that only the ignorant invent.

By: W. Tornado

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.