facebook

grades

by: Jess

Could someone tell me what the GPA requirements are for new members of each sorority? I can't seem to find this information on the school website. I'm interested in rushing but I'd like to know what my chances are on getting a bid. Thanks!

Posted By: Jess
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Good luck!   

Usually the requirement for each is slightly higher than admission for the school. I believe it's like a 2.5-3.0 or something. However, a good GPA is a plus in any sorority. Phi mu had a really bad GPA so this past fall, they specifically set a really high GPA for potential new members and it boosted their overall GPA. This fall, Alpha Xi had top GPA. Phi mu was 2nd and zeta was third. AOII and dz usually have pretty bad gpas. Having a good GPA is important, but go to everyone's teAs and out your best self forward. Good luck!

By: Good luck!
by: RealityMay 22, 2014 3:53:27 PM

I know that most (quality) sororities will not take below a 2.9 or 3.0. The person who commented on the first clearly had no idea what they were talking about. Alpha Xi and Phi Mu are ALWAYS the lowest ranking GPA sororities on JSU's campus. The Spring semester was no exception.

By: Reality
#2  by: ...   

Hey "reality", there is no need to be so rude. ALL the sororities this spring semester had above a 3.0, I saw the grade report. And all 5 sororities on campus are quality.the other commenter had their facts straight about the fall semester, don't get your panty in a wad.
Typically, Zeta is highest and the other 4 fluctuate in ranking but they all are above a 3 as of now.

By: ...
#3  by: truth   

This info isn't posted because it is considered membership selection and is confidential. Generally speaking, most chapters will consider you a grade risk if you have below a 3.0.

By: truth
#4  by: Cassie   

If I have a 2.5 GPA, do I have a chance with any of the sororities? They all seem great so I really don't have a preference as of now. Will going to the teas give girls like me with lower GPAs a better chance of getting a bid? It would be a big help to pnms if you put the requirements of going through recruitment, online. I never would have known that I needed recommendation letters to join a sorority here.. Just saying

By: Cassie
#5  by: honestly   

You don't have to have rec letters, it's not a requirement. It does help though. It is smart to go into it without a preference. A 2.5 will be tough, just make sure you shine in other areas. Understand that a 2.5 gpa if your in a sorority will make you have to do a lot of academic probation stuff, get betrer grades here. Going to the teas helps but is not required.

By: honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.