facebook

rushing a frat informally

by: PNM?

So a lot of posts on here seem to be about sororities, but I was wondering how you go about showing interest in a fraternity outside of like the rush week stuff?

I've met a couple of guys in some houses and with so many I'm not sure where to go. I definitely would be interested in a fraternity with a house, and I like to go out but I'm just wondering what fraternities have guys that do more than party and actually get along really well. Any suggestions?

Posted By: PNM?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Was a spring rushee   

Pick about 3 houses you feel you fit in with (spring Rush is shorter and you won't have time to see every house) and just go through rush in January and ask those questions. For the most part the popular houses that you hear about do something on campus.

By: Was a spring rushee
#2  by: brother   

Most houses have pages where you can find their recruitment chairs, and most houses have recruitment stuff going on throughout the semester.

A lot of the top houses are pretty selective, and with less people it might be good or bad for your chances depending on the impression you make. As far as fraternities with houses I'd check out DChi or Pi Kapp for starters? Not as hard to get in as others but still really strong houses. If you're looking for more of a brotherhood aspect I'd try TKE or Lambda, they both party less but have definitely improved a lot since I've been on campus.

By: brother
by: Spring PNMNov 18, 2015 11:57:15 PM

For those "top houses" how much does having friends in the house and legacy go towards helping you receive a bid?

By: Spring PNM
by: lolNov 19, 2015 6:58:34 PM

it helps, but being in a top house does not make you cool or what. you should find a house fit you best.

By: lol
#3  by: Brother guys was half tru   

Rush whatever house you feel you will fit into. If you do not make it then try again next semester. Spring rush is smaller and more selective but do not go joining a house because it is easy to get a bid. Also the brotherhood aspect, in my opinion the top houses have very strong brotherhood. Those houses would be Sigma Nu, Sigma Chi, Phi Delta Theta.

By: Brother guys was half tru

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.