facebook

Acacia is toast

by: S

For context I'm a sophomore turning junior and joined Acacia my freshman year. Anyways, this fraternity is cooked and I'm struggling to think of reasons not to drop. Back when I joined the atmosphere was different. The social events were great, we seemed to have a baseline level of respect on campus. I really liked my pledge class and the older members and the guys were all heavily involved and the brotherhood was nice.

Over the past year we completely fell off, many newer guys don't care to be involved or have much community. There's a general tone of laziness and selfishness that is irritating. Most guys who get elected to highest positions are unfit to lead, arrogant, awkward, or just weird. Meanwhile people who are genuine, social, or have good ideas are seen as unelectable.

Worst part is we recently lost the house which from what I've been told is a death sentence. Everything was already super tense and political this past year, but this really feels like the final nail in the coffin.

Has anyone on here dropped their fraternity or have any similar experiences? A fairly good chunk of my friends in here just graduated anyways. But I want to know if things get weird with ex-brothers or if you can retain some as friends. I hope they can pull things together but I don't think I want to be a part of it anymore.

Posted By: S
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Down the street   

Rip neighbor 🫡

By: Down the street
#2  by: Yikes   

Did they actually not get enough memebers to fill the house? This will show that unaffiliated frats would live without access to formal rush and keep IFCs power.

By: Yikes
#3  by: S   

Well there was enough people living in the house or at least agreeing to live in. It seemed like the issues came from the legitimacy of our housing board and a city zoning issue

By: S

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.