facebook

Not Happy with my Choice

by: Confused '26

If I'm not happy with my choice in house am I stuck or can I stop the process. I don't want to be part of a large class within a large house. i feel i'd be better off in a smaller house. if i quit now can i go to another house now or would i have to wait until spring to rush? Some guys in my current house are saying i couldn't join another house. who would be the best to ask for an answeras I don't want to do something stupid because i want to be involved in UI greek life

Posted By: Confused '26
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: anon   

You can probably join another house; if you can do so this fall depends on what house you're trying to join. Your window for getting into another house is closing pretty quickly, but if you have a specific house in mind and you already had a relationship with them you have a decent shot at either fall or spring rush.

All this is under the assumption you aren't initiated, which I think some houses do very early in the pledge process.

By: anon
by: Not Happy with my choiceSep 23, 2022 5:26:15 PM

thank you for the information. no initiation so I'm going to reach out the guys i know at one of the smaller houses to see if i could still rush. if i have to wait until the spring, i'm fine with that. i was just told by my current choice that i can't go elsewhere but when i asked why since I haven't been initiated yet they said it sends the wrong signal. i'm just one of over 35 so it doesn't matter. thanks again for the information as i was able to use to make myself feel better about my mistake.

By: Not Happy with my choice
#2  by: Advice   

Hey man it's all good, if you feel like you don't belong or would've rather gone a different route, you have to be a bit proactive and drop before you're initiated. Then you're all good to chat up another house and you'd just have to explain your situation. Worst case scenario you'd be the favorite spring pledge! Good luck

By: Advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.