facebook

greek as sophmore

by: Hawki

I transferred and did not do spring recruitment this week because I heard it was just girls asking their friends that did not do it in the fall. What are my chances of getting into a house as a sophmore? Can I still move into a house next year or should I just forget about greek life.

Posted By: Hawki
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greek4eva   

yeah; only like 5 houses had spots so you really should wait. Lots do it as sophmores. I did it then and moved in my house in Jan. just depenz on the house if they have openings later. top houses did not do informal.

By: greek4eva
#2  by: greek love   

It really doesnt have to be top houses doing informal. it just depends if people drop, which could be older girls. but to answer your question, a lot of people do it sophomore year and if girls want to move out of the house for second semester you can take their second semester spot if you do it early enough. definitely go for it!

By: greek love
#3  by: BabyBoo22   

I definitely wouldn't ever do spring recruitment, its meant for sororities who haven't filled their pledge class quota (either from girls quitting or they didn't get a lot of accepted bids in the fall). So you don't get an opportunity to see every house, only those specific few. There's 14 on campus, and fall formal recruitment allows you to figure out which one of those 14 is for you. Don't cheat yourself out of that opportunity (even if formal recruitment is a bit stressful and awkward)!

By: BabyBoo22
#4  by: hawkeye   

Can you get accepted into a sorority if you do Fall Recruitment as a Junior?

By: hawkeye

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.