facebook

what happened?!

by: Old School

I'll admit, It's been a while since my IUP days (92-96). There were about 18 fraternities and at least that many sororities at that time. Has Greek life really gone down the toilet that much? I remember Tammy Manko was on a mission to destroy the fraternities back then. I guess she succeeded. Those were the days when kegs flowed, 7th street was shut down for a huge block party (hullabaloo..I think?). Kappa Sigs, Sigma Nu and TKE were bad asses. Pi Kapps, ATO, Theta Chi and Delts threw great parties...sigh...ASA, Sig Kapps, Delta Gamma and Tri Sigma were AWESOME!

Posted By: Old School
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gangaw   

West Chester has sorority pledge classes that are bigger than the ENTIRE sororities here. And the schools are the same size. I don't get it.

By: gangaw
#2  by: Greek goddess   

I can't speak for the fraternities, but for sororities on this campus have caps. This semester each sorority cap was set for 47 girls in each sorority. And for the most part most sororities have the max girls they can take. Trust me if we could take more girls we all would! I wish the Greek office wouldn't set such restrictions on the number of members we are allowed to have.

By: Greek goddess
#3  by: gangaw   

Does formal rush not happen there anymore? If a formal rush with a quota is held, you can still take over total or "cap" as you call it. Say DG goes into formal rush with 40 girls, but quota is 12...they can still take 12 girls. If sororities are being denied the opportunity to take quota and a true cap is being enforced, you need to contact your national offices.

By: gangaw
#4  by: AOIIGirl   

Having a cap or quota is stupid. IUP forced AOII out just because they wanted the room in that old basement they put every chapter (although I heard that building is gone now.) Bring back AOII. Largest sorority in the country!

By: AOIIGirl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.