facebook

tips for freshmen

by: GreekAlum

I just graduated from QU in May and even though I think this site is complete crap, I know a lot of Freshmen are going to turn to it now that recruitment is in the Fall and most won't get the opportunity to see for themselves what sorority or fraternity they would like to be a part of. So I wanted to give some tips and honest feedback about all of the organizations on campus so you can clear through the cluttered "ranking" system on the main page of this site.

For Girls:
The recruitment process is much different than it is for the guys, there is a dedicated two weekend process in which all potential new members (or PNM as you will be referred to) are introduced to every sorority via a cycling system. Each day reflects a different aspect of the organizations, and at the end of each day PNMs rank the sororities they wish to be a part of. The sororities then choose the PNMs they would invite back for the following day of recruitment. If you match with where you are chosen, you are invited back for another day of mingling. Then on the final day a final list of rankings are submitted and bids are given.

For Guys:
The recruitment process is a 2 week period commonly referred to as "rush". Potential New Members (PNMs, as they are called) can choose which fraternity events to go to. They can go to as many as they want, though keep in mind some might be scheduled on the same night, and if you truly want a bid its important to return to one fraternity and get your name out there.

Posted By: GreekAlum
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GreekAlum   

Sororities on Campus, alphabetically listed (continued):

Kappa Delta (K-D) - These girls are also fairly new. A lot of other sororities have a slight grudge against them for essentially appearing on campus out of no where and allegedly using questionable tactics during recruitment. However from what I've seen the sisterhood is very active and close with each other, and has a very friendly demeanor. They seem to be a bit picky about interacting with other organizations though, particularly fraternities. They rarely socialize with any guys.

Phi Sigma Sigma (Phi-Sig) - The oldest sorority on campus. Their reputation is fairly low for some reason, and are commonly misconstrued by many on campus. Some girls are definitely on the weirder side, but there are a lot of fun loving girls that wear these letters. They've recruited some great girls recently, so hopefully that tradition continues.

Pi Beta Phi (Pi-Phi) - These girls are commonly forgotten about because they were new around the same time as KD, and KD managed to recruit so many well known girls at the time. A lot of the best girls on campus are a part of this organization, but they recruit too many different types of girls that don't necessarily fit together because of the school's quota system. Many of them are truly kind and real fun to socialize with.

By: GreekAlum
#2  by: GreekAlum   

Fraternities on Campus, alphabetically listed:

Beta Theta Pi (Beta) - The newest guys on campus. They're passionate about the organization, but still need to establish themselves. They can't be defined just yet.

Delta Tau Delta (Delt) - These guys have a great relationship with other organizations on campus. Very active with philanthropy and support of others. However they can be a tad conceded, and at times try to live to a standard set by that TFM site. I attended one of their socials and had a great time, but they will only make those who they know feel truly welcome.

Delta Upsilon (D-U) - Also a new organization. These guys didn't really settle into the community very well. They need to recruit well this year or they could merely fade out. They are great guys if you get to know them, but they need more great guys to survive.

Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) - I'm told these guys are the newbies for Fall 2014. Why we need another fraternity when so many are already available I don't know. Honestly I'd steer clear. Join Beta or DU if you want to help build on something new. Those have already been established and need building. This hasn't even been established. It'll waste too much of your time doing.

By: GreekAlum
#3  by: rankings   

Sororities rankings- Theta, AXO, KD, ADPi, Chi O, Phi Sig, PiPhi

Frats Rankings- Sigep, Delt, TKE, Pi Kapp, Beta, DU, ZBT

By: rankings
#4  by: truth   

Top sororities are Theta, AXO, KD. Top frats are Sigep, Delt, TKE

By: truth
#5  by: yup   

most accurate post on this website.

By: yup
#6  by: the truth   

Sororities: top are Theta and AXO, middle is APDI and KD, bottom is PHi Sig, Pi Phi, and Chi O

Frats: Top are Sigep and Delt, middle is TKE and Pi Kapp. Bottom is ZBT, DU, Beta

By: the truth
#7  by: Honest man   

Top sororities:KAT, KD, AXO, ADP, PhiSig. XO, Pi Phi, gamma.
Top fraternities: SigEp, PiKapp, Delt, ZBT, TKE, beta, du

By: Honest man
by: This.Jul 27, 2014 1:46:24 PM

Thank you.

By: This.
by: SarSep 8, 2014 11:27:41 PM

Do you ever go here? Not accurate at all

By: Sar
by: lolnoNov 13, 2014 6:17:42 PM

KAT? Do you even go to QU?

Sororities: Theta/AXO, KD, Phi Sig, ADPi, XO, Pi Phi
Fraternities: SigEp/Delt, PiKapp, TKE, ZBT, Beta, DU

By: lolno
#8  by: dude12   

Frats: Top are sigep and tke, middle is delt and pi kapp. bottom is Beta, DU, ZBT

Sororities: Top are Theta and AXO, middle is KD and ADPI, Chi O. bottom is Pi Phi, Phi Sig

By: dude12
#9  by: qu truth   

top frats are sigep and tke, top sororities are theta and axo. its been like this for quite some time now at QU

By: qu truth
by: yesAug 11, 2014 12:10:27 PM

YES so much truth/accuracy in this.

By: yes
#10  by: yo   

Frats Ranking: Sigep, Tke, Delt, Pi Kapp, ZBT, Beta, DU

Sororities Ranking: Theta, AXO, KD, ADPi, Chi O, Phi Sig, Pi Phi

By: yo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.