facebook

just a thought

by: Jill

I just found out about this website and I am truly shocked. This page is a serious threat to panhellenic relationships at QU. No sorority is better than another on this campus. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but that is exactly what makes us such an amazing and unique Greek community. Every woman chose her respective organization because it was perfect for her, not because it was better than any of the others.

Of course, most of us involved in Greek life favor our own organizations over others but that in no way calls for public bashing on this site. You have no idea who’s behind the screen or what organization they're from, regardless of what the comment or username implies.

I understand why people post the comments that they do and I am not saying it’s unjustified. We love our organizations with our whole heart and when you see or hear negative things on pages like this you get protective of what you love and who you care about... Just as I did when I saw what was posted about my sisters and I.

Posted By: Jill
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Jill    

There is a blatant issue with perception and image within the panhellenic community and something must be done to fix it. Sometimes it’s hard to portray what’s on the inside of a sisterhood to the outside world. But to be honest, no matter how hard you try, there isn’t anyone besides you and your sisters that is going to truly understand it. The bond we have within our organizations is something so special it can’t be portrayed to anyone on the outside, no matter how many positive or negative rankings you post on this site.
Each organization on this campus strives for excellence, which makes our community special to so many people. Many of us don’t join a sorority to drink, party and hangout with frat boys… I know I didn’t. Think about the hundreds of thousands of dollars Quinnipiac Greeks raise every year for our causes. Think about all of the people we help each year. Collectively, we really are making a difference. AdPi’s diamond dash had a great turnout this year, I had an amazing time at Theta’s Kicks for CASA, KD had an awesome first shamrock event, Pi Phi’s Angel’s in the end zone rocked it last fall and Phi Sig’s Spelling Bee event was so creative. Props to them for putting on an event so close to finals week! Alpha Chi’s walk a mile event was hilarious to watch the guys walk around in heels and as for Chi-O we can’t wait to see all the great things you’re going to do next year.

By: Jill
#2  by: Jill    

What this website really is is a waste of time. You're not going to better your organization from sitting behind your computer screen posting negative comments about other organizations. You better your organization by investing in your relationships with your sisters and dedicating yourself to your philanthropy.

If anyone has actually taken the time to read this – thank you. This is our community and we have the power to control what we make of it. The Greek community is getting bigger every year at QU and soon enough we won’t be able to control the negativity between organizations. Coming from a sister whose organization is commonly bashed for “bashing” other organizations… It’s not all true. We want to be friends and we want to support you, as well as have your support. This site does not truly portray Greek life at QU or the women a part of it. From reading some of the comments on this page it’s evident that we’ve all had some negative things said about us, but we can end this now. If you feel the same, please stop posting.

By: Jill
#3  by: QuinnipiacGreek   

that's the truth right there.

By: QuinnipiacGreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.