facebook

I'm starting to think most on here aren't from QU

by: alumni

I graduated from QU 4 years ago. I know a lot of the stereotypes of each frat/sorority have changed in the past couple of years but I am starting to notice that the lingo used on the rankings is outdated. I went through recruitment in 2013 and we weren't allowed to use phrases like "pledge class" or "rushing". Even just talking to other QU students in general no one used words like that. I'm starting to think a lot of these rankings are done by people who graduated a looooong time ago or it's people who don't even go here.

Posted By: alumni
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?   

Clearly panhellenic has changed a lot within the past 4 years. I’m in a sorority and both sororities and fraternities use the term “pledge class” and “rushing”. We are allowed to use those phrases now lol. Just because you couldn’t use it four years ago doesn’t mean it’s still banned. The reviews for each org are right for the most part

By: ?
#2  by: bobcats   

as a class of ‘20 alum myself, I think you’re really forcing it and tbh it’s a bit weird you’re still here

lingo like “PC” and “rushing” wasn’t new at all when I was a first year. it’s discouraged by ofsl to say “pledge” over “new member” / “new sister/brother” or “rush” instead of “going greek” but QU students have literally always used greek slang on the DL

pretty much all the tier rankings I’ve seen posted are how it is these days at QU at least the ones over the past couple years. just ignore the individual page ratings. our school is small/irrelevant enough that I doubt many outsiders even know or care about our Greek life

By: bobcats

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.