facebook

parties

by: mom

My husband, who was in a frat and I was in a sorority, really wanted our son to pledge. He is a great kid, but has an older brother, our son who went to a school with no frats and was very negative about rushing.

Our son went to a frat party last night with his roommate, who also did not pledge. Someone in the dorm was a new pledge and told them they could go to this event. They really wanted to check out the whole greek system and were treated very rudely. End result, THEY WERE KICKED OUT, because said friend was nowhere to be found. They both now hate frats and would NEVER JOIN. Thanks guys! If you have parties and other kids can come, can you not view this as a sales experience. Anyone who passes through your door, that is not in a house is a potential brother. They missed rush for some reason, look at these guys as an opportunity. We are so sad it ended so badly. Two good looking, smart guys now frat haters. So sad, and it makes my husband and I sad.

This could have happened anywhere.

Posted By: mom
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorryboutit   

Here's the thing, rush is over. There was over three weeks where anyone was welcome to come check out the houses. There were scheduled events, house tours, bbqs, and other opportunities to see the houses.

It is not reasonable to expect fraternities to let anyone in to a party at any time of the year. For one, it is a huge liability as they could be stealing things or taking pictures.

I am sorry that they "missed rush" but they just have to wait until spring term like everyone else.

By: sorryboutit

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.