facebook

frats

by: Rush

Are there any frats that are pretty involved as well as more social? And how many people rush each house if that is such a thing?

Posted By: Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @frats   

frat rushing is less straight forward than for girls. there might be hundreds of guys that go up to a given house over a 20 day or so period before bid day but the majority of them won't be seriously competing for a bid, either because they find out the house isn't right for them and don't show up to more than one or two events, or on the other hand because the house tells the dude they're not interested. A good size for a pledge class in fall is around 30 and competition to get one of those bids varies from house to house, obviously. But in general I would say it's not too hard to get a bid to a frat as long as you're not completely out there

By: @frats
#2  by: depends   

On your first question, it really depends on what you consider "involved", but i guess Sigma Chi (although they are kinda shy) Your second question really depends on which house you rush. Some houses will get maybe 10 kids that actually rush the house and the houses will try REALLY hard to get members (unhoused frats/bottom tier houses) Others will have about 30/40 rush and about 25 will get bids (Middle houses). Top houses can get A TON of people rushing (i've heard sigep gets upwards of 100 guys rushing?), but they will also probably hand out about 25/30 bids as well so it gets a little harder to get a bid from them. Just try to join the house that you feel the most comfortable at, because chances are if you like them and truthfully enjoy hanging out with them, they probably feel the same way about you.

By: depends

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.