facebook

recommendations

by: sororityPNM

I know that some schools are really big on rec letters, but are that crucial to getting in to a sorority? Also, can you just send a general rec letter from an alumni of any sorority or does it have to be specific for each sorority? PLEASE HELP

Posted By: sororityPNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: help   

Hey! For HPU it is definitely recommended that you have rec letters but it is not a do or die situation. I got into my top choice without having any Greeks in my family. If you do have rec letters, it only matters if they pertain to greek life here. For instance, if your mom was a KKG, it would not help you in any way to get a rec from her since we don't have a Kappa Kappa Gamma chapter here. Hope this helps!

By: help
#2  by: another take on it   

Apparently they are starting to accept Panhellenic rec letters which can be from any member of greek life for any chapter. For example if my older sister was a Sigma Kappa at Elon or something we don't have at HPU she could write me a Panhellenic rec letter for Alpha Gam. Same goes if she was a Zeta at another school but you really need a rec letter for KD. I'm not sure if every chapter on campus is accepting them starting next year but it's worth it to ask. I'm also not aware if they're weighted as heavily as a rec letter from a member in a specific chapter but it sure wouldn't hurt!

By: another take on it

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.