facebook

upperclassmen rush?????

by: HPUxoxo

Can a sophomore girl rush at High Point? Is it more difficult for an upperclassman to get a bid, and is it still under deferred recruitment?

Posted By: HPUxoxo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hpu   

yes! sophomores can totally rush at high point. not as many do as freshman obviously and the amount chapters take in individual to that chapter.

By: hpu
#2  by: HPUgirl   

Most of the sororities are completely welcoming to potential new girls who are upperclassman. One or two are not flexible, and are actually kind of elitist when it comes to rush, but you'll figure that out when you go through the process! I didn't rush til my sophomore year, and i love it!

By: HPUgirl
#3  by: LetsTellTheTruth   

I rushed as a sophomore, and I'm so glad I did! I had more insight than I did at a freshman, so it might even give you an advantage! The worthwhile sororities won't hold that against you (such as the one I'm in), and if you're meant to be in a sorority, then you'll find your place, regardless of your year in school! And yes, recruitment is in January as soon as we get back from winter break.

By: LetsTellTheTruth
#4  by: HPUgrl   

just know that ZTA never takes sophomores, some girl told me it was a 'national' thing which is def bs, but most sororities take a certain number of each grade level, it really depends on the chapter but lots of sophomores rush every year!

By: HPUgrl
by: hpuDec 22, 2013 6:28:13 PM

I think zta took one last year and a couple the year before that, but when i asked about it i heard that they dont take many sophomores because they dont have trouble getting the amount of girls they need ("meeting quota" i think is what it's called?) and so they don't have as much flexibility as some of the other sororities to take every single one they want..I think that's right, IDK lol. and I'm pretty positive its the same thing with KD but yes you can definitely rush as a sophomore in general, it may just be harder to get into zta and kd (not that it matters...go for the one you like the best!!!)

By: hpu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.