facebook

sorority recruitment

by: Questions

I was wondering how picky the sororities are? Like do they pick higher GPAs over lower ones? And will I get dropped more if I'm an upperclassman, a transfer, or in a certain major?

Also, during recruitment, where are the events held since there are no sorority houses? Is there an off-campus house that you go to or is held in a room on campus? sorry for so many questions just curious!

Posted By: Questions
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: bacon   

some of the sororities are picky, if you're planning on rushing I would suggest FFR (fall formal recruitment) next year, it's a much bigger event where all the sororities participate, not all participate in the spring. usually there is a new member GPA that you have to have and hold through the whole pledge process (usually between 2.5-2.7) and I've never heard of anyone getting dropped for any of those things! The sororities hold they're own events that you can attend during spring and in the fall its all held in the webb center! hope this helped!

By: bacon
by: QuestionsJan 6, 2016 1:28:41 PM

You helped so much, thank you!! I'm in CC right now but I have a 3.9 gpa so hopefully that will be a big plus. :)

Also, how much do they look into your background? Throughout my years I haven't really been involved in any clubs, activities, or philanthropy/community service, but that is part of the reason why I want to join a sorority. Would I get dropped during recruitment for not being too involved during my high school years?

By: Questions
#2  by: Bacon   

No! I mean yes that will be looked at but really it's the way you click with the sisters and how they click with you. Trust me you'll both know if it's the right place for you to be!

By: Bacon
#3  by: Kristin   

It's not a super selective recruitment. Almost everyone who rushed gets placed. Plus they just added a new sorority, so there's even more of a chance to get picked.

By: Kristin

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.