facebook

dancers/sorority girls!

by: Freshman!

I was wondering, are there a lot of girls in a sorority and on the dance team? I really want to do both! I just don't know if they would conflict with each other, because I know Greek life in general is very time consuming.

Posted By: Freshman!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: NAU Dancer 619   

Every year there seems to be a select few girls on dance team and in a sorority at the same time. Being on the dance team is time consuming (there is something mandatory 6-7 days a week, twice a day some days of the week), while most of the time sororities have events and meetings just as often. The girls who have been involved in both have somehow been able to manage their time in both extracurricular activities as well as getting good grades and keeping up on studying. (If you're planning on being a science major, I would be careful doing two types of extracurriculars because you will be spending so much time studying and being in labs). Our coach makes us put dance before sororities because we are so competitive with other collegiate dance teams that it is difficult for the whole team to progress when someone has other priorities. If you still want to dance and be in shows in maybe a less demanding way, I would suggest trying out for NAU Badjacks. They do shows and events but don't dance at football and basketball games as well as competing in Florida and Anehiem such as we do. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Hope this helped!!

By: NAU Dancer 619

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.