facebook

disappointed with bid

by: Sad

I got into a sorority and but it's the only one that bid for me so I'm really heartbroken over and I don't know what to do. What is spring recruitment like?

Posted By: Sad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hi   

if you accepted your bid you have to wait a calendar year to rush again sorry. give your chapter a chance you are there for a reason

By: hi
#2  by: Wait   

Get a chance to know your pledge class sisters AND the members of the sorority before you decide to drop. As "hi" said since you accepted a bid you are bound for one year and not able to go through recruitment of any type until the year is over. Sorry you are heart broken but the sorority who offered you a bid saw something in you that none of the others did. They think you have something to offer. Maybe you can be a great leader there.

By: Wait
#3  by: Get off Greek Rank   

Don't spend your time on here. Get to know the people in the chapter rather than expressing your disappointment on here. Talk to your Rho Gamma and some of the members in the chapter about how you are feeling and why. Open up to them so they can open up to you.

By: Get off Greek Rank
#4  by: But why...   

Do you think spring recruitment would be different? Stick where you are, get involved in activities they do, get involved with Panhellenic and on campus....they are happy to have you. Why would you want to try again with other chapters that cut you?

By: But why...
#5  by: MAYBE   

Not sure how rules work: Maybe you could look at joining Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, Zeta Phi Beta, Gamma Eta, Sigma Lambda Gamma, Zeta Phi Beta. They belong to other Greek councils (National Pan-Hellenic and Multicultural Greek).

By: MAYBE
#6  by: also   

My experience from formal recruitment was a a bunch of pathetic people crying because they got dropped from KD/ZTA. If that's the case get over it yourself and stop looking for status and search for a place you'll find friends for life- not where you'll spend time taking fake photos pretending you have a good time. You'll be able to go to frat parties affiliated or not so don't worry if that's what you truly care about.

By: also

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.