facebook

why does anyone thing this site matters?

by: JuniorSororityGirl

I am posting on here for one reason and one reason only: for that incoming freshman girl that is looking at these posts. I was once a freshman and I thought that being in the "best " sorority on campus was important. Now that I am a junior , i realized that in a couple years absolutely no one is going to give a ef what sorority that i was in. NEWS FLASH TO PEOPLE WHO TAKE THIS SITE TOO SERIOUSLY - IT. DOESNT. MATTER. Youre going to find your niche in one place or another and letter arnt going to help you with that. If you take the "tiers" too seriously you need to get a life honestly. There is not one sorority or fraternity that is less "fratt-ie" or "sororityt-ier" that others. If you think thats a real thing then you REALLY need to do something better with your life.

Posted By: JuniorSororityGirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: RT   

as a sophomore who looked at these posts last year... i almost dropped out of recruitment due to certain comments made about houses not only on this wesbite, but also by stuck up girls going through recruitment with me (many of whom got dropped from the process anyways bc no houses wanted them) and i want to tell you guys: nobody on campus actually cares what house you are in. all sororities on campus are great and no matter which one you join, going greek will be a great experience that can open many doors for you at OU. when you join a fraternity or sorority, you aren't just joining that organization, you are joining a community. a community where you will make friends not only with your house, but also other houses. don't let your ego get too big and prevent you from an amazing opportunity. if i had dropped out of recruitment like i wanted, i would have been fine... but greek life has given me so many opportunities and friends i would have probably never met if i decided to drop. i love my house, and i respect all of my friends in other houses and i know they do the same. of course the house you joins matters, you will grow to love the unique rituals and traditions and colors and take pride in them. but you're still in greek life no matter where you end up. and that beats being a God Damn Independent any day ;) so don't be afraid! there are amazing people and friends and opportunities to be made in every chapter.

By: RT

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.