facebook

2024 Rises and Falls

by: Turismo

TO PREFACE: these are not ranks or an order of ranks, simply an observation of rises or regressions of frats in general over the past year and looking into next year.

On the Rise:
Theta Chi
Phi Delt
SAE
Pike
Phi Tau

Stagnant:
Fiji
Beta
TKE

Regression:
AEPi
Ksig
Phi Psi
Acacia

Posted By: Turismo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: w_h_e_e_l_e_r   

Interesting take, Turismo. Big things to think about this summer as we anxiously await the new Greek Almanac.

By: w_h_e_e_l_e_r
by: TurismoApr 29, 2024 5:08:26 PM

one could think of this as supplemental to the almanac, or a view from a different perspective. All love to metromoses as we await the return lol.

By: Turismo
#2  by: Greek Guru   

Phi psi is stagnant, beta is regressing (weak pledge classes), k sig while being a joke of a frat is on the rise based off socials they’ve had and the numbers they’re gaining. Phi delt is stagnant. Else wise is fine

By: Greek Guru
by: TurismoApr 29, 2024 5:13:38 PM

good takes here guru, but there are specific reasons and instances where and why I put things where they stand. Phi psi had a regressive year based on PR concerns, Beta stands stagnant due to the problem you mentioned but stepped it up in the party scene this year. Ksig has ran into retention issues and is overall not generally respected in the space, which I think may cause problems looking ahead. Phi delt had some of the largest and most fun parties this year, leading to the rise.

by: Greek GuruApr 29, 2024 5:20:24 PM

Phi psi has had pr issues but the combo of their recent pledge classes, parties and overall socials has them at the minimum stagnant. Beta had 2 guys in the spring which is definitely the weakest class of any relevant frat and I have them regressing in the long term. K sig can’t really regress as it’s their first year on campus and getting a pi phi, fuzzy and chi o social so early on on their existence, along with the good parties they’ve thrown makes me have them on the rise. Phi delt isn’t all that relevant and I don’t feel the need to have discourse on their existence. Hope to hear back from you with your thoughts turismo.

by: TurismoApr 29, 2024 5:28:25 PM

I'm intrigued to know- if you'd like to explain where you're coming from at least, what is the basis you judge a frat's relevancy on? I also can see the logic behind your take on Ksig and that does ring true, but I feel there are other frats here also on that same trajectory and come up as they are, such as phi delt and SAE for example.

by: Greek GuruApr 29, 2024 5:42:40 PM

Relevancy for fraternities to me has a few factors like quality of parties, presence in bars, members working in bars, quality of guys, quality of socials with sororities and quality of chapter house. K sig does a lot of these well but are horrendous in a lot of these. Their lack of a chapter house and the way they were formed makes them a lower tier frat but they have the potential to blossom into a top tier frat with time. I think phi delt could be on the rise if they gained selectivity in their recruitment process. Sae is definitely on the rise as they do a lot of the criteria I named well, but they lack socials with top tier sororities, and members working in bars. They are newer on campus so with time they have potential to be in the upper echelon of Greek life at ou as well and they are definitely on the rise.

by: TurismoApr 29, 2024 5:46:51 PM

Good insight and I appreciate your explanation, all great takes.

#3  by: Eros   

Great insight amidst awaiting the return.

By: Eros
#4  by: Noir    

It all comes down to money and muscle. The aura the members of the brotherhood feed amoungst their peers. When they walk into an establishment, their presents is felt. Strength, prosperity, social welfare.

By: Noir

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.