facebook

Letters of recommendation?

by: 2024

I’m rushing in the fall. How important are letters of recommendation for the top sororities?

Posted By: 2024
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: meh   

nyu isn't an intense greek school. letters of rec definitely help but plenty of girls make it into top sororities without them, and lots of girls with them get dropped anyways. if you have an actual connection to an alum from that org, then def ask for a rec letter, but don't feel like you need to track down strangers in your hometown or anything so you have one for each org. tbh just don't bother getting a rec letter unless you actually know the person writing it.

By: meh
#2  by: DO IT   

Maybe other actives have opinions about this, but it’s going to be MUCH harder for actives to keep track of all the PNMs because of how different rush is this year. For that reason I would highly recommend letters for every sorority. Having them would give you a “foot in the door” and make actives aware of you before rush even starts, and they won’t forget you during the process. Doesn’t matter if letters aren’t the “norm” at NYU, they would help you SO much this year

By: DO IT
#3  by: active   

speaking from experience, you don't need a letter of recommendation, and it will only serve to hinder you. just go into recruitment, be yourself and the right org will find you... good luck!

By: active
by: dirty deleteJul 15, 2020 4:35:21 AM

i'll keep posting this as many times as it gets deleted--RECOMMENDATIONS DO NOT HINDER YOU WHATSOEVER. RECOMMENDATIONS ARE ALWAYS A GOOD THING TO HAVE. It's fine if you don't have them but they will NEVER hurt you! The man behind these posts is actively trying to sabotage your chances at recruitment, DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM.

By: dirty delete
#4  by: lets be honest   

its not only FIJI. Although they are the worst

A handful of girls have mad serious proven claims against Deke, Zeta Psi, and AEPI.

Honestly just steer clear of off-campus frats. There is a reason they're not just suspended but permanently banned!!!

By: lets be honest
#5  by: bump   

bumpp

By: bump
#6  by: who knows   

In my personal experience it didn’t do anything, I was direct legacy for one of the “top” sororities and had a letter of rec from another alumna and thought the convo went well, got dropped on the first day :// But I accepted a bid for a lower tier sorority and I know for a fact they took legacy and letters into account so I really don’t know if it helps or not

By: who knows
by: dependsAug 29, 2020 2:17:48 AM

different organizations and different chapters have different policies! some sororities at nyu highly value recs/legacy and some don’t care as much

By: depends
#7  by: not important   

Not really important at a school like nyu

By: not important

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.