facebook

matchups?

by: Sorority newb

I just joined a sorority and I was curious about the sorority and fraternity match ups? Like which sororities and frats have some sort of relationship with each other? I know pike and DPhiE and AEPhi and AEPi are common. I've heard ZTA and ZBT as well but I'm not really sure.. anyone know of any other combos? Just for curiosity's sake

Posted By: Sorority newb
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: NYNew   

Other schools have stronger traditions of fraternities having "sister" or "sweetheart" sororities but that doesn't happen so much at NYU. Some groups mix together more regularly simply because the members know each other well. I know the Skulls seem to do a lot of events/cross promotions with AST and DKD. Pike doesn't really mix with anyone these days, and DKE doesn't either. Deephers mix with ZBT pretty regularly. KKG doesn't mix much. There are something like 30 Greek chapters at NYU so it can be hard to keep track.

I think the Greek system as a whole is maturing at NYU, so you'll probably see a lot of changes in "match ups" as new classes form new opinions about each others groups.

By: NYNew
#2  by: mixing   

Unlike most traditional state schools, nyu greeks mix with a variety of different chapters. However, this would be the most obvious sweetheart/sister orgs:
PIKE - DPhiE
AEPI - AEPhi
FIJI - KKG
Zeta Psi - Pi Phi
ZBT - ZTA

AST, TPB, APhiwhocareZ

By: mixing
by: yeahyeahyeahsDec 4, 2013 2:11:03 AM

I'd be inclined to say Zeta Psi & Pi Phi equally mix as much as PIKE and DPhiE/AEPhi. And dphie and aephi have moved on more to aepi now with PIKE's recent spike in debauchery.

By: yeahyeahyeahs
by: ayDec 17, 2013 1:04:05 AM

don't forget about sigep! they mix with kkg&piphi a lot

and ast + phikap, that's a super well known one

By: ay
#3  by: v   

ZTA has only had one mixer with ZBT ever

By: v
#4  by: ma   

I think most sororities mix with every frat. The exception is DPhiE and AEPhi, who only mix with PIKE and AEPi, respectively.

By: ma
#5  by: l   

Actually, I've seen a lot of the traditional pairs mix up. Last year ZTA mixed with AEPi a lot along with PIKE. DPhie apparently mixes with ZBT too (brother in ABT said that-not sure on the accuracy). And honestly I don't even know what AEPhi is up to because I feel like I hardly ever see them on campus.

By: l

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.