facebook

financial situation

by: incoming freshman

Okay hi! I applied for fall 2019 & I just wanted to vent and get some advice. I have gone to private school my whole life, but not payed for by my parents but rather my grandparents. I have a trust fund (only academic) from them. My parents are middle class. Growing up in a private school environment i’ve always felt the need to keep up etc, my parents always come through but no one really “knows” i’m middle class. My parents are middle/high class but by no means rich. Basically, my dad is telling me not to go to nyu or any of the other private schools I applied to because when the trust fund eventually runs out I will have to do student loans. What should I do? I feel like money shouldn’t be a issue if you get accepted to your dream school and it honestly makes me mad because my parents have it pretty easy with my rich grandparents giving me my education. What do you think? is it worth student loans? I don’t even know the full amount of my trust fun, I just want to make it big and I feel like NYU will help me get there

Posted By: incoming freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

yeah and join greek life!

By: lol
#2  by: ...   

frat boys and sorority girls at a notoriously expensive private school are absolutely the worst people to ask about your financial situation.

By: ...
#3  by: NO   

It is NOT worth it to go into debt for an NYU education. Go somewhere else for undergrad and then if you MUST have an NYU degree, go for grad school where you can at least have the chance of a fellowship or other graduate assistantship to help pay your way. There is not one single degree in the history of degrees that is worth what it costs to go to NYU if you are not so financially needy that you qualify for significant grants, or financially flush enough not to have to worry about it one way or the other. Sorry. Just have to give you some real talk.

By: NO

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.