facebook

spring rush rush rush

by: .

hi! im looking to transfer to nyu this spring! i am a freshman, would i be able to rush in the spring? im ofs so i want to meet new girls & make friends!!!!!

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: prob!   

it will likely be pi phi, dg, and ast doing spring recruitment. good luck!

By: prob!
by: .Sep 12, 2019 9:37:59 PM

Is it possible the others ones would let me do informal or something? Would it be best to wait until fall again? I would like to see all the houses for myself:(

By: .
by: lolSep 12, 2019 9:39:48 PM

only dg and ast did spring last semester! pi phi hasn’t done spring for a while

By: lol
#2  by: .   

do you think it’s best just for me to wait for the fall? it would only be a few months, but im worried about making girl friends!!! im from texas so it will be a big change!! but i feel like waiting may just be better so i can see all the chapters, zeta & aepi, they look like they have fun! but im open to everyone

#3  by: hello    

go aepi!!!!!!!! trust me u should wait

By: hello
#4  by: advice   

anything outside of fall formal recruitment, including spring recruitment and fall COB, are considered informal recruitment. if you want a chance to get to know all the orgs, wait til fall. don't feel pressured to join the second you get on campus, there are a ton of sophomores that do formal recruitment. for a lot of orgs, initiation takes a lot of time and effort, so it's only worth doing if they have a lot of girls to initiate, which is why many only do spring informal recruitment if they are looking for a big spring pledge class. if an org is not already planning to do spring informal, they won't just "let" you do it.

(btw-- aephi is a sorority. aepi is a fraternity.)

By: advice
by: .Sep 13, 2019 11:39:15 AM

thanks! if i end up waiting do you have any recommendations of how i could meet some of the girls? or just in general, Greek life is pretty much the only thing down here that really gets you set with friends so I’m super worried, I know NYU is not sports oriented, ive cheered/danced but im pretty sure that’s not a thing here

by: adviceSep 13, 2019 12:48:41 PM

you can go to informal recruitment events, but im not sure if that'll affect your relationship with the sorority at formal if you don't accept a bid. you can also follow sororitys on social media and contribute to their philanthropy events (bake sales and stuff). if you have even one or two friends in greek life, you can find out where/when the parties are and go to those.

also, the nyu dance team (which does a lot of cheer stuff too) is really strong & has a few girls in greek life if that's something you wanna do in college. nyu has a lot of sports and stuff, it's just not the focal point of the student body.

By: advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.