facebook

how important are looks for sororities?

by: PNM

Truthful answers please. I feel like I would be a good fit with some of these girls but from what I see on Instagram they’re all tiny and mostly attractive and I’m like a 7, 8 on a good day LOL. Is it all about how you connect during rush? Will I be speaking to most of the girls?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not all about looks   

All sororities value more than just looks. Most important thing they’re looking for is personality. If you’re a good fit, looks won’t matter at all. Think of it this way—my sorority will let pretty girls go because the fit wasn’t right personality wise. Just be yourself and you’ll end up where you’re meant to :)

By: Not all about looks
#2  by: Looks   

Most groups pay attention to looks to a certain degree, but honestly if you look like you take care of yourself and are well groomed (like showered, hair brushed, nails clean, etc.), that's half the battle. There are conventionally beautiful women in each chapter, just as there are creative, fun, and less conventionally attractive women in each. Be true to yourself, whatever you do. Any group that wouldn't give you a bid as you are doesn't deserve to have you as a sister. That said, keep an open mind & don't judge any chapter by their insta or their recruitment outfits. Pay attention to how you feel in the room, and don't worry about what anyone else is saying.

By: Looks
by: ^Aug 23, 2019 1:14:05 AM

absolutely agree. going off of this, "looks" are important but pretty much only insofar as your personal presentation. the girls you're talking to will not care if you have a crooked nose or a few extra pounds or a gap between your front teeth. but they absolutely will notice the way you carry and groom yourself. they might notice that you cover your mouth when you smile or struggle to maintain eye contact (signs that you might be anxious or insecure). conversely, they might notice that your hair and makeup is really well done or that your dress is super cute/trendy, and not only will it be a good conversation starter but it'll also leave the impression that you take care of yourself and up-to-date on style trends/pop culture.

present yourself in a way that makes you look AND feel your best. don't wear sky-high heels or false lashes or acrylic nails if you know they make you uncomfortable (but by all means go for it if that's your thing). pick outfits, hairstyles, and makeup looks that you genuinely feel good in, not just what you think might impress. remember, when you're genuinely loving yourself, the girls you meet will love you too!

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.