facebook

aepi

by: Curious

Does anyone know if AEPi does some serious hazing if at all? If I do rush they are the only frat I would join but don't have the patience for hazing.

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: honesty   

they do haze, but its not serious. some of it is public humiliation which can actually be quite funny. (ex. randomly break out into song in the library, fall to the ground after someone in the frat pretends to shoot u with their hand). youll get drunk on multiple school nights, but its not that bad. fiji and pike are a bit more serious when it comes to hazing.

By: honesty
by: MeowAug 15, 2013 12:01:04 AM

How long is their pledge program?

By: Meow
#2  by: Dumb   

This is a really stupid way to go about Greek Life. Seriously. If you want to join a fraternity, rush. Visit a few different chapters and see who you mesh with best. Holding out for any single fraternity like you were saving yourself for marriage is going about it all wrong.

By: Dumb
#3  by: s   

I dislike the above post for his use of immature name calling ("cargo short-wearing GDI") and hetero-normative stereotyping ("lifetime of being a man"). Being in a fraternity doesn't make you any more of a "man" than any other person who identifies as male. However, it does give you a lifetime of friendship, networking opportunities, leadership training, opportunities to give back to your community, and social events to enjoy. I recommend trying to get to know a wide variety of fraternities and accepting a bid from the group of guys that you fit in with the most. Keep an open mind, give as many frats as possible a chance, and don't be swayed by any rumors about their reputation. You'll know where you feel most comfortable and at home, and chances are, that fraternity will like you too and give you a bid.

As for hazing - I don't personally support hazing that involves possible injuries and/or humiliation, but some "hazing" can be as harmless as a bowling night or some silly pranks. Everything that is mandatory for pledge class members is labeled as "hazing" under the law, so when people say that such and such a fraternity/sorority "hazes," you never really know what it means. For example, a sorority at Duke got in trouble for having a mandatory bagel breakfast for the pledges because that's technically "hazing." Anyway, don't worry about the hazing... If you don't want to do it, say no, and they won't alienate you for not participating. Greek life here isn't that uptight.

By: s

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.