facebook

to drop or not to drop?

by: tri sigma

im having trouble deciding whether to drop or not. I really like most of the girls in the sorority and we are trying really hard with everything. yeah there are a few bad girls but I was unaware of them until I came on this site. im just afraid its gonna be hard to turn it around and come out with a good reputation, I really don't want people judging me or thinking they know who I am just because im a tri sigma. what should I do?

Posted By: tri sigma
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I vote...   

Drop. There are definitely more than "...a few bad girls."

By: I vote...
#2  by: ....   

People are going to judge you no matter which sorority you're in. How they judge you will be different for the most part but you'll be judged sadly. I say think about your decision a lot but make a decision before you get initiated (I don't know if you guys have had initiation already or not). If you get initiated and drop, you cannot join another sorority if you're thinking about doing that. If you drop before initiation, you have to wait a year before you can join another sorority since you have signed a bid. I hope you figure out what is best for you.

By: ....
#3  by: Nooo   

You should definitely not make any major website based off of a website. Especially one like this, the views on this website aren't even true to the rankings of the other sororities, don't make a decision one way or another based on people here

By: Nooo
#4  by: Try again   

Also is my thinking correct it would be one year from your bid date so you may not even be able to participate in next fall recruitment since tri sig bid late?

By: Try again
#5  by: ehhh   

Drop and in a year from now ppl will forget that you were in trisigma. Sororities at msu do not give a damn.

By: ehhh
#6  by: Awh.    

This is where all of the Greek members go to bash each other. It is a website and doesn't reflect the views of EVERYBODY even though it may feel like that. No matter where you go in life, people will judge you. Don't let others opinions keep you from something you want, especially because you said you liked most of the women you've met. But do what's best for you, whatever that may be. On a side note, there are several sororities and fraternities that support Tri Sigma. Personally I've experienced support from Sigma Pi, Pike, Pi Kappa Phi, and ADPi, and I know other girls have probably recieved support from different chapters as well :)

By: Awh.
#7  by: sss   

Quit

By: sss
#8  by: Recruitment Counsel.   

The thing about sororities in general...all sororities are judged. Good, Bad, Indifferent - all sororities are judged. You need to think about what you said in your own statement. "yeah there are a few bad girls but I was unaware of them until I came on this site." Are you sure that this site is accurate? This is a board where people can post without names, without a registered email, etc. None of the information on this site is guaranteed to be accurate 100% of the time. Furthermore, you said that you liked most of the girls in your sorority. Have you attended sisterhood events, received a twin, talked to your consultant, or one of your advisors about your concerns? I would hate for you to drop something that is going to be good. I think you will find that the bad eggs (every sorority has them) will be weeded out through honor council due to behavior, grades, etc.

I wish you the very best, and hope that you make the decision based on your own experience, not on something that others decide for you.

By: Recruitment Counsel.
#9  by: Same..   

I'm a Tri Sigma and am in the same boat but for different reasons! I LOVE being a Tri Sigma & all the girls in it, but I'm considering dropping because of the financial aspect. Having to pay $250 a month is pretty intense for not even having that many activities or anything... If I could get some honest (but nice) opinions from people who are in other sororities on whether or not it's worth it to stay?

By: Same..
by: ....Nov 2, 2013 9:18:08 AM

I was shocked when I heard that you guys had to pay that much a month! That is really a lot more over time than other sororities have to pay.

By: ....
#10  by: you were told   

i did NOT do tri sigma, and you know why? Because they straight up said you will have to pay $250 a month. you made a commitment and you should be responsible enough to handle it now. we're all adults after all. I knew I simply couldn't pay that much right now so hoping to find somewhere, maybe even tri sig, in the next rush that isn't quite that high.

By: you were told

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.