facebook

spring rush?

by: Future Rushee

Which sororities are doing Spring Rush and can you tell me about it? My friend and I missed fall rush and we are interested in recruitment for Spring.

Posted By: Future Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gamma phi beta   

Gphi is having spring rush :)

By: gamma phi beta
#2  by: panhel-love   

To answer your question about how Spring Rush is; spring rush is much more informal than fall recruitment. The sororities that hold spring recruitment will for the most part have it at different times (usually within the same month or two). The events are usually pretty fun, very laid back. There is usually a more formal day at one point so you still get the feel for recruitment and get to see a more intimate side of the sisterhood.
The chapters that I am sure are having spring recruitment are Gamma Phi Beta and Xi Omicron Iota (the local sorority). I believe Sigma Sigma Sigma will be having spring recruitment too. Last year Delta Zeta and Alpha Sigma Alpha did spring recruitment as well (if I remember correctly) but it is unknown whether they will be doing it this year.
If I was you, I would look into each of the sororities on campus so you can see what they are like before spring time so you can get a feel before recruitment since they are not all at the same time. Most girls would be willing to talk to you in person as well (speaking for me and my sisters) so don't be afraid to go ask girls questions! :) I know that can be intimidating though especially if you don't know them very well or at all. Good luck to you and your friend! I hope you guys find your home! :)

By: panhel-love
by: confusedOct 2, 2013 10:43:33 AM

So when you rush in the spring you do not rush with all the sororities available? You can choose one to rush or several to rush?

By: confused
by: @confusedOct 2, 2013 11:11:54 AM

I don't know if you can rush several, I think you have to choose one. But if you don't feel the first one is a good fit, you can try the other ones when their rush times come up.

By: @confused
#3  by: sorority itch   

I think asa and dz is doing rush.

By: sorority itch
by: @sorority itchOct 10, 2013 12:39:17 PM

ASA isn't doing spring, they have meet quota.

By: @sorority itch
#4  by: sigkap   

Sigma Kappa does not do spring rush ever.

By: sigkap
#5  by: question   

Do you think that ADPi will do a spring rush this year?

By: question
by: nopeOct 10, 2013 12:47:00 PM

Not unless some girlsgirls drop because they have reached the max amount of girls

By: nope
#6  by: Spring Rush   

My understanding is that sororities can only offer spring rush if they are not at or above campus Total. Total is basically the total number of women that can be in a chapter at any given time and is determined by Panhellenic. Having said that, during formal recruitment, a sorority can pledge up to Quota which may put them above Total. (I know - kind of confusing). Here is a link to some information about MSU recruitment.

www.missouristate.edu/studentengagement/FSL/129432.htm

So, not all sororities at MSU will offer spring recruitment. I agree with "panhel-love" - go talk to the girls in the various sororities this semester to get a feel for how they treat you, what their values are, etc. Usually their philanthropy events are open for everyone, and that's a good place to do meet & greets.

By: Spring Rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.