facebook

junior

by: help?

Hey guys! I'm a new transfer and I'll be at msu for two or three years. Do i have a chance getting into a sorority? After reading all the hateful stuff... I am scared to even try.

Posted By: help?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ASA AllTheWay   

You can TOTALLY go through recruitment as a transfer! There are chapters on campus that have transfer students, and they are welcome just as much as any other girls going through recruitment. I totally encourage you to try, especially since you'll want to get to know some new people!

By: ASA AllTheWay
by: help?Sep 20, 2013 6:56:31 PM

Thanks! I read some of the ratings on here and I was worried that ppl in greek life were hateful. Are the people who say mean things on here just a few bad apples?

By: help?
by: future rusheeOct 11, 2013 1:47:42 PM

ASA girls seem so nice! Are you doing spring rush?

By: future rushee
by: msuuuu Oct 29, 2013 9:09:57 PM

Do you know which chapters these are? I will be a transfer too.. Thanks!

By: msuuuu
#2  by: help?   

Also do you guys know which sororities will do rush in spring?

By: help?
by: YikesSep 21, 2013 9:17:46 PM

I am pretty sure Gamma Phi will be doing spring rush. I have heard something about Tri Sigma maybe doing spring rush, don't quote me on that. Other than that, I do not know who else will. Also, don't worry about the things people say on here, people think they can say whatever they want behind a computer screen and think that the ratings on this site mean something in the real world. There are tons of lovely people in Greek Life who are not hateful at all.

By: Yikes
#3  by: top rank?   

How would you guys rank the sororities this semester?
Also how is spring rush different?

By: top rank?
by: YikesSep 22, 2013 9:26:26 AM

Spring rush is much more informal than fall. Not every sorority does spring recruitment, it just depends on if they can take more girls. People rank the sororities all differently and in the order they do for many reasons. I say don't worry about where certain sororities stand in the rankings, especially on here. Pay more attention to who is in the chapters, see the girls' personalities. Like the lady who talked to the chapters before recruitment said, people join people.

by: YikesSep 22, 2013 10:35:37 PM

Sororities accept transfer students. I don't know where you got the idea that they don't.

#4  by: not even worth your time..    

Sororities do not want transfers. Why would they get you in just so that you leave in a few years....

By: not even worth your time..
#5  by: transfer   

As a transfer.. I did NOT feel welcome at formal recruitment. THE ONLY sorority that was friendly to me was Tri Sigma... So I guess you just lost your chance :(

By: transfer
#6  by: Violets and Pearls    

I don't think Tri Sigma was your only hope. Keep trying <3

By: Violets and Pearls
#7  by: Go for it!!   

My pledge class for fall 12 last year had a lot of girls who were transfers! Don't fear recruitment just because you are a transfer. All sororities welcome transfer students. Don't base your decision off one persons remark. Pick a house in the spring you feel you fit in best and go for it!

By: Go for it!!
#8  by: Different groups   

Go for it is right. We have so many great sororities on campus. You just have to find the one that is GREAT for you!

By: Different groups
#9  by: Just    

Because of the Missouri higher education system, more and more students are coming in as junior transfers (it certainly makes sense economically). I know most of the chapters at MSU have taken girls who are junior transfers. Needless to say, it will help if you know some girls in the houses, but you still have (at least) two full years to contribute to the sorority. I know at Mizzou and K-State, it is really hard to go through recruitment as a sophomore (much less a junior) but MSU is way more laid back.

By: Just
#10  by: Just    

Because of the Missouri higher education system, more and more students are coming in as junior transfers (it certainly makes sense economically). I know most of the chapters at MSU have taken girls who are junior transfers. Needless to say, it will help if you know some girls in the houses, but you still have (at least) two full years to contribute to the sorority. I know at Mizzou and K-State, it is really hard to go through recruitment as a sophomore (much less a junior) but MSU is way more laid back.

By: Just

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.