facebook

what is dirty rush?

by: confused?

Why are people talking about certain sororities dirty rushing? What is it? Why is it wrong for a sorority gal who is friends with someone to invite them to rush? I honestly don't understand.

Posted By: confused?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nope   

Ask alpha phi.

By: Nope
by: LolJan 6, 2016 9:54:19 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth

By: Lol
#2  by: Helpful Truth   

Dirty Rushing is for a sorority girl to promise someone a bid. Anything from actually promising it or saying something like I know you would make a great sister in ______ or I can't wait to see you again at this round. Encouraging a girl to rush is fine. Answering questions is fine. But if you are promised a bid, keep in mind that this is wrong and is not at all a guarantee.

By: Helpful Truth
by: TruthJan 6, 2016 10:28:48 AM

And Alpha Phi did this to numerous girls last year.

By: Truth
by: ?Jan 6, 2016 2:14:33 PM

I don't see the big deal about saying I hope to see you tomorrow or you would make a great sister

By: ?
by: wellJan 6, 2016 5:49:23 PM

saying, "i hope to see you back" is giving an indirect nod to pref them. the more girls that pref the, the more it boosts their numbers for returns.

By: well
by: ^Jan 6, 2016 6:41:51 PM

so what? if somebody wants to see somebody, they can say they want to see them tomorrow. It isn't a big deal.

By: ^
by: Yeah but noJan 6, 2016 9:06:33 PM

They didn't say "hope" to see you back

By: Yeah but no
by: ^Jan 6, 2016 11:43:31 PM

so what did they say?

#3  by: ha   

If Alpha Phi is really dirty rushing like everyone says, then why do they get away with it year after year? Really? I mean go to Panhell and complain and file charges against them, and make them sit out a semester of rush. That will teach them. Complaining on here and starting whiney rumors isn't really productive.

By: ha
by: ^here's the thingJan 7, 2016 12:49:21 AM

I'm pretty sure that People have to be willing to come forward, put it in writing, and "testify" infant of a Panhellenic board. Who wants to do that?

By: ^here's the thing
by: wellJan 7, 2016 9:29:11 AM

I think enough people have had enough of their overt dirty rushing. I know a few PNMs that plan to drop them on day 1 because of it. I think their short blip on the radar screen as a relevant house is done.

By: well
#4  by: Doubt it   

I doubt anyone will ever come forward with a real complaint

By: Doubt it
by: AgreeJan 7, 2016 6:40:57 PM

Only because they know it would be a very public process and could impact them negatively. Nobody's willing to risk the potential social consequences.

By: Agree
by: ^Jan 7, 2016 7:54:59 PM

sad

#5  by: :(   

The saddest part of the whole Alpha Phi dirty rush thing is that it has worked for them. They went from being a middle house for years to a top house in a short amount of time. How did they do it? BIG TIME DIRTY RUSHING!!!! And everybody knows it. So what is to stop all the sororities from breaking the rules, when the rules have no real meaning? It seems like cheating is the way to go.

By: :(
by: YesJan 10, 2016 9:27:39 AM

But let's be better than them.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.