facebook

fraternity rush, freshman vs. sophomore year

by: Firstyear

Trying to decide if I should rush this year or wait until soph year to get grades up. Is it better to rush as a freshman, do you better chances of getting in? Or is it evenly balanced?

Posted By: Firstyear
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Don't worry   

What is your GPA? Sororities usually only take a few sophomores each year, you'll likely have better chance to rush this year

By: Don't worry
by: GuestDec 28, 2015 9:27:30 AM

Wow. I bet you don't even read the subject lines in your emails either.

By: Guest
#2  by: dncwdxm   

I had the exact same thing going on my Freshman year when deciding about rush....I would HIGHLY recommend rushing this year and was glad I made the decision. I believe it betters your chances and you will make a way to balance the schoolwork to the best of your abilities. You might lose some sleep, but it's worth it.

By: dncwdxm
#3  by: First year   

So what is the split for fraternities as far as freshman vs sophomores? Is is a really big advantage for freshman?

By: First year
by: Freshman yearDec 29, 2015 5:24:18 PM

I totally recommend rushing as a freshman. This will put you into a pledge class with mostly all freshman which helps develop strong friendships and brotherhood. If you rush as a sophomore, most of your pledge class will be freshman and you may feel distant. Also your classes are going to get harder as you get older. Unless you're on academic probation after your first semester of college, rush as a freshman.

By: Freshman year

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.