facebook

look past stereotypes

by: asigkhjsgjk

As rush approaches I would like to give anyone thinking about rushing fraternity or sorority a piece of advice. Stereotypes are unintentionally created by a smaller subset of people in the group. Not all people in an organization exhibit the stereotype their organization is known for. They are usually created by the members that are very outgoing, members with identifiable attributes, or members who are recognized by a lot of people for one reason or another. I've met plenty of people in my organization that don't fit the mold we are known for, most of which are great people that I enjoy being around. I advise you to make your decision based off the people you meet and by asking yourself if you are comfortable with these people representing you, and vice versa.

Posted By: asigkhjsgjk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wow   

Wow this is so accurate, as far as a small group of girls in a sorority being well known in the Greek community and their sorority's stereotype being based on them.

By: Wow

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.