facebook

sorority gpa's

by: Wondering

Okay, so I know that you have to have a 2.5 to rush but my Rho Gammas told me that a lot of sororities actually have a higher requirement. Does anyone know what they are? I've had a really rough semester because its been my first and I'm trying to adjust and hold down 17 credits. its kind of making me nervous. So again, does anyone know the requirements for each sorority?

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

All of them are higher than that. Except for maybe 2 or 3 sororities, no sorority's minimum GPA for their members is that low. They usually start at at least 2.8, and most are about 3.0.

By: Guest
by: ??Nov 20, 2015 12:30:00 AM

So if I don't have like a 3.0 I won't even be considered for the ones that have a 3.0 requirement?

By: ??
by: ^Nov 20, 2015 12:34:03 AM

It would depend on the sorority you're looking to get into. Some sororities will cut you if you don't have a 3.0 but some sororities will still consider you if that's not a requirement for them to cut you based on gpa and they still really like you.

By: ^
#2  by: learning disability   

I have a learning disability so school is really hard for me. I worry about my GPA too. We will see how rush goes for me. I'm going to give it a try. If people are going to judge based on one thing (my GPA) then it is their loss.

By: learning disability
by: GpaNov 22, 2015 8:11:13 AM

Unfortunately GPA requirements are in our sorority bylaws. Meaning we can't accept a new member below our GPA requirement. It's not a judgement, rather it's us upholding a standard that we agreed to meet when we joined our chapter.

By: Gpa
#3  by: Ummm   

You may be awesome, but each sorority has minimum gpa standards. Every sorority on campus has a gpa over 3.0. The lowest average is 3.19 and the highest is 3.48, all solid b averages. New members are tracked separately in the spring.

By: Ummm
by: ??Nov 22, 2015 7:38:16 PM

is there a place i can go to see the minimum requirement for each one and not the average?? I'm actually very smart i just took on a huge load this semester so I'm really worried

By: ??
by: GuestNov 23, 2015 12:18:17 AM

There's a form you can fill out explaining your grades! Don't worry. Sororities will see your major as well and things like that. If you have an explanation that you want them to know about like you do, then they will definitely take that into consideration.

#4  by: sad   

It sorta seems like people's grade are their personal business. Do I have to provide a credit report to go through rush?

By: sad
by: YesNov 21, 2015 3:43:16 PM

You give permission to release your grades when you register, and they are monitored regularly.

By: Yes
by: GuestNov 21, 2015 11:36:06 PM

Being in a sorority is a privilege not a right. You don't deserve the benefits of a social organization if you cannot keep in mind the reason you're at Miami, for the school part. A sorority is meant to make you a better person and make you strive to be the best and with no standards, they might as well just let anyone in.

by: ^Nov 23, 2015 9:01:11 AM

There are a lot of reasons for different GPAs. If someone is a communication or theater majors you will have a high GPA

By: ^
by: UmNov 23, 2015 10:11:18 AM

Uhh all first semester freshmen are pretty much taking the same classes that are Miami plan. Nobody jumps into their hard major classes their first semester at school.

By: Um
#5  by: Don't worry!   

I got a bad gpa (2.7) and ended up having a really good rush, and I only got cut from 2 sororities last year. I'm in a "top house". I just explained myself in the form. Don't worry too much about it if you're cool/funny you'll be alright.

By: Don't worry!
#6  by: come on   

This is Miami. This isn't Harvard. Loads of people have low grades.

By: come on
by: But actuallyNov 29, 2015 12:49:01 PM

Loads of people in sororities do not have low grades. The average gpa for every sorority is a solid b

By: But actually

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.