facebook

new member gpa

by: Giggling

We all know who the biggest self rankers are, and we also know it's usually the babies doing the most of the ranking. Therefore I thought it made sense to post last springs "new member Gpa's, spring 2015" aka "the babies". As ALL sororities contribute to this wonderful campus (not just the top 3), I feel it's important everyone know the braggarts are not better than everyone else!

ADPi 3.59
Theta. 3.48
ChiO 3.41
Kappa 3.33
KD 3.30
PiPhi 3.26
DG 3.25
AOPi 3.22
Gamma Phi 3.22
AXO 3.20
DZ 3.19
Alpha Phi 3.19
AePhi 3.16
Phi Mu 3.15
Tri Delt 3.15
Zeta 3.14

Some of you need to stop bragging! Thanks guys!

Posted By: Giggling
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Love!   

This is gold! Thank you!

By: Love!
#2  by: Love this   

This post seems to have quieted
all of the outspoken Sophomores who keep posting on here about how much better they are than everyone else. You know, the ones who think they are the hottest, smartest, and most involved. Any one wonder who I'm talking about?

By: Love this
by: Wow....Aug 29, 2015 5:06:33 PM

Wow. The bullying of alpha phi just disgusts me. You guys are being so horrible to an entire sorority. I know so many sweet girls in there and because you think they're one way on the internet you're gonna judge them off that? When have you ever met one (in real life) that was mean or pompous? Just something to think about. Panhell love to every sorority.

By: Wow....
by: LolAug 29, 2015 5:28:22 PM

Huh, what? Don't believe anyone mentioned any sorority names.

By: Lol
by: Cmon Aug 29, 2015 5:33:20 PM

This EXACT comment was written with alpha phis name in a previous post. You're not blind and neither am I. And again, when have you ever met one in real life that was mean or rude? Never

By: Cmon
#3  by: Awesome   

Way to go Theta babies, keep up the great work!

By: Awesome
by: HaAug 29, 2015 5:44:58 PM

And no congrats to adpi because they're not top tier enough for you?

By: Ha
by: Yes!Aug 29, 2015 9:56:59 PM

Theta Love! Def feeling the love for Theta!

By: Yes!
by: ^Dec 16, 2015 8:09:32 PM

Theta is filled with communications majors. Don't be fooled by the GPA.

By: ^
#4  by: Guest   

Wow. Alpha Phi must have the smartest sophomores, juniors and seniors on campus if their new members had such a "low" GPA and they still manage to have the 6th best overall gpa!

By: Guest
by: LoveAug 29, 2015 5:47:35 PM

Love to ADPi and Chio too! Awesome work girls!!!!

By: Love
by: uhAug 29, 2015 5:50:58 PM

its because all the new member gpas are 0.2 apart from each other...... so its not that hard

By: uh
by: WaitAug 29, 2015 6:05:08 PM

Guys, if I do my math correctly, I think there's more than .2 points between a GPA that ends with a .1 vs .5, am I right? That's the new member variance. Just saying....

By: Wait
by: closeAug 29, 2015 6:15:40 PM

You didn’t do your math correctly. You just looked at the difference between the highest and lowest gpa. The average difference between them all is 0.2 if you do the math right. ADPi is obviously an outlier if the second highest (Theta) is already a whole 0.1 lower.

By: close
by: Try againAug 29, 2015 6:34:00 PM

Sorry Honey, Theta' s GPA is 3.48. Adpi's are incredibly impressive, but they are not outliers,, in fact, ADPi and Theta are only .1 away from each other. Closer together than the .29 You are referencing and downplaying. Keep on finding ways to put others accomplishments down while you promote yourself though.

By: Try again
by: Good try Aug 29, 2015 6:39:03 PM

How am I trying to put down people? I can't help it you can't do math. The biggest gap on the whole list is between ADPi and Theta and you're obviously too insecure to act like it's there. It's a whopping 0.1. The rest of the list is only .03 or so apart from then on between sororities. Do you even know how to take averages? Add them all up and divide by number of sororities lol. The average difference between them is 0.2. You're trying waaaay to hard to lie about something that's not true.

By: Good try
by: Good try Aug 29, 2015 6:41:30 PM

Also, please look up the definition of an outlier. You don't know what it means. It's a number in a group of data that's not within the average and is most far apart. ADPi did exceptionally well with 3.59 so they're a huge outlier. Theta til Zeta is an average of 0.2. You can't trick people who know how to do math lol.

By: Good try
by: Reply to "try again"Aug 29, 2015 6:49:51 PM

Does the girl who's arguing that there is a .1 to .5 variance and that ADPi is not an outlier realize you're agreeing that APhi's older classes are smarter than all the other sororities if they could get the 6th best overall gpa with a low new member gpa? You're agreeing with the girl that says APhi is smarter than everyone when I think you're trying to argue the opposite. I think you're confused and don't know what's going on.

By: Reply to "try again"
#5  by: Ummmm   

Actually read the book, but thanks. 3.59 and 3.48 are considerably closer than 3.59 and 3.19.

By: Ummmm
by: OmgAug 29, 2015 7:21:13 PM

That's not what an outlier is and has nothing to do with the average difference in GPAs of the sororities hahahah. Did you even read the comments above? You're embarrassing yourself, you should stop now.

By: Omg
by: OhAug 29, 2015 7:23:00 PM

And good try, I'm not saying you personally are putting people down, and you may not know this, but they have a reputation for telling people they are better than every other sorority. I admit they are a top sorority, but I don't believe anyone EVER needs to promote themselves and put other girls down. You are not the only good sorority here. While others may not be as sought after, or have the same return rates as the top 3, every sorority has something positive to contribute. I don't see any other sorority on here bragging about how they are number 1 other than Alpha Phi, especially the new sophomore class. Just my opinion.

By: Oh
#6  by: Funny   

I think the funniest thing about this conversation is someone is pointing out a weakness in a group that proclaims they are superior to everyone else, the humour for me, is that while the weakness is obvious (lower GPA), the "superior girls" instead of accepting a minor flaw, are trying to explain to all of us that it is actually not a flaw at all, and that it's really not a big deal (only a big deal when it's someone else) they still are better than everyone else.

By: Funny
by: Well saidAug 29, 2015 11:16:18 PM

Well said "funny", well said!

By: Well said
by: Peace outAug 30, 2015 12:30:10 AM

Spot on funny. Spot on... Can't change facts, but I'll give them an A+ For trying.

By: Peace out
by: InterestingSep 2, 2015 11:42:46 PM

Very intersting

By: Interesting
#7  by: chipsi   

you forgot chi psi sorority coming in at a 3.42

By: chipsi
#8  by: honestly?   

GPA does tell all the much. If I see a group with a high GPA it usually means they have a lot of communications and/or theater majors.

By: honestly?
by: um noSep 7, 2015 10:36:43 AM

This is not true at all

By: um no
by: Completely true Sep 7, 2015 2:40:06 PM

So accurate. S/o to all the comm majors that didn't get into the business school.

By: Completely true
by: RidiculousSep 7, 2015 2:44:52 PM

Mad respect for all the science majors. People here forget not everyone wants to be a business major.

By: Ridiculous
by: GuestSep 7, 2015 2:46:59 PM

There's a ton of smart majors, not just science. Engineering, anyone who's planning on pre-med or prelaw, or math related majors. I was just referring to 90% of the comm majors here who are comm majors Bc they didn't get into the business school.

By: Guest
by: GotchaSep 7, 2015 2:56:27 PM

Yes lots of difficult majors, but you cannot assume just because a sorority has a high gpa they are all theater or communications majors. The gpa's posted above are for freshman, most of whom are "undeclared. High GPA's does not equate to "easy major" when we are talking about freshman

By: Gotcha
#9  by: dg?   

this is so not accurate for not just DG, but Alpha phi and DZ as well

By: dg?
by: ActuallyDec 14, 2015 5:10:45 PM

OP is right. You can go to Cliff Alexander community report and it lists the gpa's of every sorority and fraternity. It also lists new members gpa's from spring 2015. OP reported new member gpa's correctly.

By: Actually
#10  by: Truth   

Way to shake things up new members. Keep shaking things up!

By: Truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.