facebook

why does adpi have pics with the ddd sundial?

by: flowers

Can someone explain to me why ADPI has pictures on their FB page with girls with the DDD sundial? I am feeling it is a major brand identity issue. I am so sorry I am really trying to narrow down the match and and discovering the POTH videos are better with DDD and PHI MU helped. Now I discover these pics and am I am face palming. What board member let that photo get uploaded??????? I get not everyone can dance but holy lack of decision making.

Posted By: flowers
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Girl   

Probably because even though the Sundial was donated by Tri Delt, it's still a very well known spot on campus, especially for pictures. Not just for Tri Delt, but for everyone. I really don't think it's a big deal.
You should go where you feel most comfortable, not base things off of where they take pictures or how they did in POTH.

By: Girl
#2  by: flowers   

taking pictures is one thing but on your sorority BRANDs FB page??? really. not buying it. poor decision making.

By: flowers
#3  by: haha   

You need to calm down and do so much less

By: haha
#4  by: Uh   

You really need to reevaluate what your deciding factors are. If that's how you're choosing what sorority is best for you rather than feeling comfortable with the sisters, enjoying their philanthropy, and more then that's sad.

By: Uh
#5  by: flowers   

calm down jealous sorority members - If a girl has been cut by her 1stchoices she is left to figure out where to work on feeling comfortable before next rounds shouldn't she do her homework? I mean really THINK about the time that was spent to prepare for all the social media that is planned!!! I think climbing in the sundial is a little weird for a photo shoot. If it was a random shot everyone would not be in matchy matchy clothes so please stop defending the intent. This is clearly planned photo shoot. I do believe in BRAND LOYALTY which is why I am trying to LEARN ABOUT THE BRAND OF THE SORORITY and the campus chapters. HELLO clueless people??/?? If I WANT girls who can dance together to me it means they can plan and execute well. That to me shows the ability to get along and teach and learn from each other. Sorry for anyone who does not understanding dancing is a team event. Good night salty sororities sorry if you cannot a fun girl like me

by: ...Feb 3, 2015 6:22:28 PM

If you think about it, many of the popular "iconic" places are campus are donated by Greek orgs. A lot more is donated by them than you think. I'm not sure where you're expecting them to take photos, if you really think it matters that much. It's a beautiful location and something the entire school is very proud of. If you care that much about their brand, then maybe consider that their brand is that they are welcoming of all chapters and things related to Greek life and that's why they chose that spot.
Also, it's good that you're looking at how the girls act together because that can say a lot, but being able to dance together should not be a deciding factor. POTH is generally for the newest pledge class, not the whole sorority (although mine had a handful of upperclassmen participate because they were dancers), so it really doesn't encompass the whole sorority. A LOT of girls here are dancers, and that could just be the case.
Don't read too much into things. You should be basing your decision on how you feel around the girls at the sorority you are visiting and if you can see yourself there. Is it really going to matter where they take pictures if you aren't going to be comfortable going there to take pictures with them and having fun while you do it?

By: ...
#6  by: flowers   

PS I agree the Sundial is Iconic. A fun gift from the DDDs. Its part of the campus tour and the tour guides are SO PROUD TO tell potential students the SORIORITY where the gift came from. So why if you are another sorority do you PLAN a photo shoot there and place it on your social media???? How MANY OTHER ICONIC areas are there to take a photo shoot at???? No excuses ADPI ..... just insuring the point is taken about understanding BRAND loyalty. What is the ADPI brand on campus???

by: ???Feb 3, 2015 5:20:02 PM

Maybe ADPi's brand is that they have a great sisterhood and love Miami, hence why they had a group photo shoot by a Miami landmark (Note- something EVERY sorority does). God calm down

By: ???
by: side noteFeb 3, 2015 5:42:30 PM

I took a look at this pic you're talking about, and I have one thing I just want to point out. This is just something to consider, you don't have to agree with me. So I don't know if you noticed by the photo is part of a senior photo shoot. For these ladies, this is their last year on this beautiful campus. They've been walking by that sundial for years and maybe even saw it from their window in sorority quad. This is the last fall photo shoot they'll have with their sisters, so why not take a picture with one of the most iconic things in sorority quad?

By: side note

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.