facebook

miami girl standards

by: Thoughts

Can someone please elaborate to me the standards placed on the Miami girl and the standards they have themselves versus a girl at another school? I feel like the standards are at an extreme high, and the girls (if they aren't already) are super gorgeous, hot, driven, smart, exclusive, powerful, put together, have amazing bodies, great faces, are impeccably dressed, and are very wealthy, and this standard is placed on everyone else around them or they don't associate with them.

Posted By: Thoughts
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: a   

Honestly I think a lot of it is just a front. Girls see other girls who are seemingly perfect and put pressure on themselves because they think they need to be a certain way. I know Ive felt like this but once you get to know a lot of people you realize this standard isnt as true as it looks on the outside

By: a
#2  by: yeah...   

It's not really true. There's a rich stereotype because people where certain brands in the winter and stuff, but when it's cold outside a coat from northface is going to be more effective than one from walmart (and will likely last longer). There's a focused/ driven stereotype because for the most part people who are in a 4 year university want to be there which is different than some people's high school experiences. As far as looks are concerned it's mainly cheerleader effect. Girls are mainly only put together for uptown or presentations (times when most people would be). I think Farmer requiring people to dress up certain days perpetuates this stereotype. Don't believe what you read about Miami on Urban dictionary and don't look at reviews of people who were too insecure about themselves to stay at Miami for four years. Honestly the girls I have met at Miami have been way nicer and friendlier to me than the guys have been to my male friends.

By: yeah...
by: to umJan 23, 2015 12:23:44 PM

Do you go here? Leggings with tee shirts, baseball caps, and running shorts are not dressed up

By: to um
by: KJan 23, 2015 12:28:45 PM

Do you go here? Not many dress like that. And the ones that do have Lululemon leggings on with a sorority shirt and a sorority or Nantucket ball cap. "Dressed down".

By: K
by: to kJan 28, 2015 7:57:33 PM

One would think that if they only ever walked in the business school. College of arts and science and engineering people dress down when appropriate. Like going to class.

By: to k
by: yeah...Jan 29, 2015 2:21:57 PM

There are like 5 girls in each engineering class...and they're the weirdos that go to Miami.

Outside the business school (and engineering), people still dress super well. Includes Arts and Sciences and Education schools.

By: yeah...
#3  by: .   

I mean I know I definitely dress a lot better now than I did in high school and Miami has been a huge part of that. There's a reason it's nicknamed "J Crew U". But I think a ton of that has just been girls seeing how other girls dress on campus and wanting to make themselves look nicer to fit the part.

By: .
#4  by: omg   

this is a PUBLIC school. get over yourself. it isn't that big of a deal. dress however you want and be whoever you are

By: omg
#5  by: You're correct   

The standards are extremely high. Most girls that come to Miami are already like that because they were raised a very specific way and part of a certain society, come from that background, have always been well-liked, the prettiest, the best bodies, etc. As the phrase goes, like attracts like, and when you're a part of an exclusive crowd, you look for certain people to hang around. Miami provides that in a college.

In order to make it at Miami, the expectations are high. And that's good. Be pulled together everyday, work out regularly, be well manicured, clean, have your homework done, get good grades, hang out with the right people and know the right people, get a good job after school, have money but don't talk about it. Most are old money aka are WASPs, come from generations of money and are used to it and don't talk about it. As far as looks, wear the right stuff. I shouldn't have to go into this. Nordstrom, J.Crew, Vineyard Vines, Louis Vuitton, Lilly, Tory Burch, Chanel, Burberry, Hermes, Lululemon, Prada, Southern Tide, Yurman, Chloe, Celine, etc. Not showy, but nice stuff.

Last but most importantly, don't get on a Miami girl's bad side. She knows the right people to destroy you and comes from a very powerful network.

By: You're correct
by: yupJan 31, 2015 6:00:14 PM

^ rt

By: yup
by: @kFeb 4, 2015 3:17:19 PM

there is NOT a lot of "old money" at this school. this is a PUBLIC school.

By: @k
#6  by: miami   

well I'm a senior in high school and I decided to check out a few student blogs and pages students frequent to get an idea of what miami is like. I'm upper middle class and like to look good. miami was my #1 but now after reading this I don't think I want to go here anymore

By: miami
#7  by: if   

If you want the definition of basic girl who tries way too hard, come here to school.

By: if

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.