facebook

kd or dz

by: in the dark

Could someone explain the real differences between the two?

Posted By: in the dark
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

Huge difference. I don't see many similarities. KD is middle tier while DZ is definitely top. both are really involved but dz has an even bigger philanthropy and is the most involved sorority on campus. Plus DZ parties way harder and has way more of a social life. KD does have a great group of really sweet girls though

By: Guest
#2  by: ?   

Saying there is a tier difference doesn't help. So are Party sororities the more top tiers?

By: ?
by: GuestMay 1, 2014 9:21:49 PM

No they're literally not even remotely similar.

by: GuestMay 1, 2014 9:26:36 PM

Absolutely not. Theta and Alpha Phi party way less than DG and Pi Phi who party hard, but those are top 4 on campus. Tiers are based on looks mostly, but also philanthropy and status around campus. And higher sororities hang with better fraternities. DZ is an alpha chapter, the only sorority at miami that was founded here. It's usually considered 6th best on campus. KD has nice girls, it's usually ranked 9th or 10th. The type of girls in each are very very different. I've never heard anyone compare the two. DZ is more involved around campus and in philanthropy too

#3  by: Depends on   

What your looking for.

DZ is great on this campus, most well rounded. It has all philanthropy, grades, looks with a variety of girls from all over. Strong nationally.

KD is good too. They kinda whisper in comparison.

By: Depends on
#4  by: compare   

I think the original post was in reference to that "nice things" post that was put up a couple weeks ago saying "if you like DZ try KD" - While I can see how that might work out a little bit if you followed that advice, KDs are quite a bit more focused on achievement and leadership ops, whereas DZ may be a bit more active socially (socials & uptown) and do indeed have a larger philanthropy.

Both KD and DZ do have diverse pledge classes each year and do have a similar "style" within their respective tiers.

By: compare
#5  by: kd or dz   

Both are great in their own way.

Similarities: Social, attractive, well-liked, ambitious, involved, philanthropic

Differences: DZ-party harder, drink more, Alpha chapter, have the stereotype of "EZ DZ", all very tan, trendy, somewhat rude and not thoughtful. KD-definitely social but not to the partier as a whole chapter level that DZ is, more classy, kind, more focused, take home to parents type.

By: kd or dz
#6  by: ya   

DZ is way hotter.

By: ya
by: nahMay 2, 2014 11:04:56 PM

i know plenty of kds that are smokeshows. difference is they arent givin it up to everyone and their brother.

By: nah
by: ...May 5, 2014 8:20:44 PM

Okay, I have NEVER understood the argument that you can't base a sorority off of one girl or stereotype them, yet we still consistently argue about rankings.

By: ...
by: GuestMay 5, 2014 9:58:40 PM

Well, because there are SIGNIFICANTLY more smokeshows in the top tiers than the lower ones... That's not stereotyping at all.. It's not based on a few girls. It's just a fact

by: InaccurateMay 6, 2014 3:18:31 PM

We wouldn't define DZs as "smokeshows", as they're orange, greasy, and just plain dirty looking. KDs don't look like that. There are PLENTY of smokeshows in KD, and they're look natural in the process. And for readers' information, KD is not a "lower sorority". They're solid upper mid tier.

By: Inaccurate
by: InaccurateMay 6, 2014 3:19:14 PM

And upper mid tier is saying something at Miami, compared to other colleges with weaker Greek systems.

By: Inaccurate
by: GuestMay 6, 2014 3:29:44 PM

Stop self ranking KD, you live on this site and it's so obvious.

by: GuestMay 6, 2014 6:19:43 PM

You're such a KD and it's so obvious and sad. And the worst part is you went so far as to insult dz in such a nasty and inaccurate way and that should put you at the bottom of every tier. KDs talk so bad about every sorority and are social climbing and the self ranking is obvious, as they are ranked top 3 on the "sororities" tab and aren't even top 10 at miami.. They're not solid upper mid tier get over yourselves. The only solid upper mid tiers are Zeta and Kappa. Just because you've seen maybe 10 DZs that tan it doesn't mean they all look that way. There are another hundred beautiful girls in dz, as well as the rest of the big 6. You can come on this site and say all you want, but that won't change that the top frats would way rather hang with DZ and more girls pref them. That's why I have so much respect for Zeta and Kappa. Great girls who are happy with where they are and don't social climb. Give it up KD

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.