facebook

sweetheart

by: wondering

what is a sorority/fraternity sweetheart???

Posted By: wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

I'm 99% sure they don't exist here

By: Guest
by: GuestApr 13, 2014 8:33:27 AM

Hahahahahaha yes they do

#2  by: Guest   

Like who? I'm in a top sorority and have never heard of it

by: Everyone does^Apr 13, 2014 11:43:39 AM

Ask your older sisters, pledge

By: Everyone does^
by: lolApr 13, 2014 12:09:44 PM

I'm a sophomore but great try!

By: lol
by: GuestApr 13, 2014 1:26:26 PM

Well now I'm just embarrassed for you not knowing hahah

#3  by: um   

Ok then name some. Seriously give me names. And good fraternities that have them

By: um
#4  by: m   

wait yeah i've never heard of that

By: m
#5  by: junior   

no one knows what this is

By: junior
by: GuestApr 13, 2014 8:45:26 PM

I like how the same person commented on this 4 times in a row saying there aren't sweethearts. We can see the time stamp ya know

#6  by: Well?   

What is it?

By: Well?
by: iApr 13, 2014 8:21:42 PM

it's not a thing that's why no one knows

By: i
#7  by: dropping knowledge   

The fraternity "sweetheart" is a friend of the fraternity. By making a girl a "sweetheart" she gets to know the secrets of the fraternity, go to chapter, etc etc. She has most if not all of the privileges of actually being a member of it. She gets a special pin from the fraternity's nationals, and sometimes she's also being lavaliered - the letters that hang on a chain around your neck - which is a formal step in Greek life before marriage.

I think Beta had a girl lavaliered last year and Chi Psi had their first sweetheart ever this year (her boyfriend also lavaliered her). I know girls at Miami who've gotten lavaliers from their boyfriends who are in fraternities at other schools too (U of I for example).

By: dropping knowledge
by: ahApr 14, 2014 8:24:48 PM

thank you! So interesting...more guys should do this!

By: ah
#8  by: market   

I wish everyone did this

By: market
#9  by: Grow up   

Ladies almost every national Frat has them of some kind of sweat heart or little sis program. They started a long time ago and some campuses dont make a big thing of them any more. They are a way of giving merit to the girls who hang around a bunch. They usually symbolize the girl they would most likely date or marry.

To name some frats nationally... Sig chi, KA, KS, PIKE, Theta Chi, prob 15 others.

Just like Sororities use to have huge Big Brother programs.

By: Grow up
by: OkMay 2, 2014 12:35:50 PM

This makes more sence. I can't imagine them knowing the secrets as stated above.

By: Ok
by: ...May 5, 2014 8:26:48 PM

I think it might depend on the fraternity, but I know that being someone's sweetheart or the equivalent does entitle that female to basically all the rights a brother has, including ritual.

By: ...
#10  by: dumb girl   

to the dumb girl at the beginning, yes they do exist. just because none of your "top tier sorority" sisters have been asked yet does not mean they do not exist. get over yourself

By: dumb girl
by: agreedMay 7, 2014 11:32:22 AM

Exactly - just because you don't know anyone in your group of close friends who has been lavaliered or pinned doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Maybe you're just too young or your friends just suck...

By: agreed

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.